Georgine. The poster child for ongoing maintenance. 1999 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@lowtops the Lonkey steering wheel wrap has continued to make me smile each day. It is soft and supple yet hasn’t moved at all.

@D21FJ60 no more holes from bullets. Getting the rear drivers quarter panel fixed next week by a local shop. Georgine has not been misbehaving lately so no more bad juju coming her way.

Well fickle fate has found my blessed Georgine again.

A lovely Jeep Liberty with a complete douche bag meat sack clueless driver aggressively backed into the front of Georgine a few weeks back while she (once again) was minding her own business grazing in the work parking lot. Unidentified driver who left the scene after being confronted by a bystander never left a note or even flicked a booger on my windshield. The bystander kept my faith in humanity, the meat sack not so much. Drivers light, lower valance, bumper, and insulation behind the bumper were damaged. I have been eye balling the Ironman deluxe, the TJM one piece 17, and the ARB Sahara with the shiny hoop and this opportunity presented itself at a good time. Decision was to go with the ARB through 4WD Parts where I ordered the lift for Project WTF last year. Went to the carrier hub to pick up and assembled it yesterday. Still have to adjust the front height to have a little less rake but first impressions are mostly positive. Threw in a 12k Engo and will clean up the solenoids and hard wire to the main battery directly. Georgine doesn’t get stuck…..right? Now with a winch, I may pick different lines On the trails.

IMG_4920.jpeg

IMG_4923.jpeg

IMG_4924.jpeg

IMG_4929.jpeg

IMG_4936.jpeg

Winch wired and synthetic line spooled under tension. The eight year old (six in storage) winch controller box got disassembled and any loose parts soaked in vinegar for a few days to dissolve most of the rust.

Temporary set up for communications on the trail “installed” on a board that wedges between the center console and passenger seat.

IMG_5028.jpeg

IMG_5027.jpeg

71952947931__5B0E5B50-7A7D-4143-9E1F-C178542B273B.jpeg

Next up is to figure out a way to have the Red Arc 2nd battery solenoid automatically merge start and house battery when either the compressor and/or the winch are energized. The Red Arc has a wire set up for this challenge but I am not sure yet how I want to set it up. Alligator clips will be my red neck solution when I get temporarily delayed (stuck).

Winch controller box will be relocated inside the engine bay once proper electric cables and connections are sourced. The plug will be moved to the front drivers side grill like this example I saw out West. A suitable power disconnect is being planned as a safety item on the hard wired winch too.

IMG_1892.jpeg

Last edited:
Poor girl keeps getting abused from all sides. Speaking of, the sliders apparently did their job the last time I pushed her into a ditch with logs and rocks. Paint gone, surface rust visible.

Fall Crawl with Capitol City Land Cruisers was a blast. Georgine did not disappoint. The Root ball of a tree did however reach out and grab at her when I wasn’t looking. The sticker will cover the damage until I can get a toilet plunger on the area in question.

IMG_5078.jpeg

DSC06062.jpeg

DSC06070.jpeg

DSC06073.jpeg

DSC06060.jpeg

Past weekend with the crew (Star City Land Cruisers) running through a local watering hole. Georgine was awarded best water crossing.

IMG_5162.jpeg

IMG_5166.jpeg

How often does Star City LCs meet up? Looks like a fun time? Can outsiders (Lynchburg) join in? No one that I have found here so looking for a group.

Happy to have you join us. We have multiple “out of towners” roll in for meetings and events. Next meeting is at Valley View Mall at Shakers restaurant. I think the meeting starts at 6:30 but I usually show up a little before 6 to talk shop in the parking lot. Next Wednesday February 7th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom