Battery maintenance while not in use (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My car is still down as we try to diagnose a transmission issue. I suspect it may be down for up to six weeks.

What is the easiest and most effective way to maintain the two batteries? They are relatively new, so i do not want to lose them. They are the wet type, where distilled water can be added.

I can drive the car in the neighbourhood, but i am afraid it may not charge the batteries fully.

Thank you.

My car is still down as we try to diagnose a transmission issue. I suspect it may be down for up to six weeks.

What is the easiest and most effective way to maintain the two batteries? They are relatively new, so i do not want to lose them. They are the wet type, where distilled water can be added.

I can drive the car in the neighbourhood, but i am afraid it may not charge the batteries fully.

Thank you.
A good battery could stay 80% charge for months as long you have very little current draw, when I travel I would be gone for at least 30 days and has no issues starting you could buy a low amperage battery tender to keep the battery fully charge if you like.

Just disconnect it so it doesn't drain.

Yes, thanks both. I had already disconnected them anyway.

If you have access to a power source, any battery tender will do the trick. If you only have no power then consider a solar power trickle charger, they don't do much but better than nothing. If you have no sun well then, keep jumper cables nearby just incase.

If you have access to a power source, any battery tender will do the trick. If you only have no power then consider a solar power trickle charger, they don't do much but better than nothing. If you have no sun well then, keep jumper cables nearby just incase.
Thanks. My worry is not much to do with failure to start after the inactivity period. It is rather how long the batteries will last after that period.

Thanks. My worry is not much to do with failure to start after the inactivity period. It is rather how long the batteries will last after that period.
Got it... well not many options . you just need to get them connected to some source of power to keep the maintained.

Got it... well not many options . you just need to get them connected to some source of power to keep the maintained.
So I could, for example, use them in another car once every two weeks ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom