Gear source recommendation

Looking for 4:88's w/ intent of putting 35's on. Heard of Randy's & Percison Gear.

I know I'll need it in a kit format, anyone know who sells it like this though?

Cruiserdrew

On the way there
SILVER Star

Precision Gears have a good rep.

Reider Racing owns and sells the Precision Gearsets:

http://www.reiderracing.com/toy912.htm

I have a set of 4.88s on my 80 and a set of 4.56s on my FJ40. You can get the install kit from them too, but I reccomend getting the bearing set and seals from Toyota-Cruiserdan of course.

edit-Kurt's deal will be hard to beat! If you want a great install, I can highly reccomend Sean at River City Differentials. He is "The Gear Man" and worth the trip to Sacramento from the BA.

Thanks for getting back so quick. I'll take a look now that I actually have somewhere go. Drew thanks for the info on "the gear man" too.

I've got the ARB's in my 80, but i'm looking into the E-lockers for my future 55/60 project. I've heard that there are a few outfits out there making these for stock applications. Rather than swapping in a few FZJ axles, I'd like to know if anybody has heard anything about these and whether or not they are available for 55 or 60 series rigs. They will go in with either 4.88's or 5.29's.

I bought mine from Randy's in Seattle. Those guys know what they are doing and can't go wrong with them.

I had a guy down in San Jose setup both of my 3rd members and he did a great job and is reasonable.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Vendor

White Shark said:
... Rather than swapping in a few FZJ axles, I'd like to know if anybody has heard anything about these and whether or not they are available for 55 or 60 series rigs. They will go in with either 4.88's or 5.29's.
Not possible without an OEM FF rear axle and long spline shaft... There are some aftermarkey Electric locking diffs, but nothing for Toyota as far as I know...

Top Bottom