Gas Mileage Round Up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ABM

Threads
Just curious. How many MPG are people getting? How much does a/c affect mileage compared to driving with the windows open? Does premium fuel justify the extra cost for the supposed increase in gas mileage? Any tips on maximizing gas mileage, other than taking the wife's car on errands and such. I'm currently getting 11.75 miles/gal in about 70/30 city/highway driving. :crybaby:

What mods do you have? Bigger tires?

I have a 99 LC with 102k miles. Stock tires. 13 city, 14.5 highway. If I stay under 85 mph. That is very hard to do. 87 octane.

No idea about no AC vs AC. I live in NC and it is hot and humid all the time so the AC stays on (front and sometimes rear).

uzj100

~13 mpg
80/20 city/highway

haven't really noticed too much of a difference with ac on or off. Still ~ 300 miles to a tank.

99 LC w/ 70k, stock tires & super unleaded

fuel economy does not improve with higher octane.

but...

my shares in XOM thank you.

I recently drove from here in central Mississippi to Nashville on the Natchez Trace ( http://www.nps.gov/natr/ ), and was floored when I filled up outside of Nashville. 20 mpg. I threw the receipt away, but it's legit. It should be noted that the Trace is gently rolling hills, and has a 50 mph speed limit (strictly enforced). AC was on all the way.

Unfortunately, this is not typical for me. When I've checked it in the past, I normally get around 14 city and 17 highway.

14 MPG city, 15 to 15.5 MPG HWY 285/75 BFG A/T @ 36 psi
It's a 98 LC w/ 82K miles, to get 14 MPG in the city, you have to drive like a Grand'pa.

Interesting how much attention this thread got! I'm happy to hear I'm not the only one who wonders occasionally -- $55 for 280 miles????

Actually, I have interesting numbers compared to some of you. I AM grandpa driver with this thing, and I still get 10.5 - 11 mpg in the city (AC on) which drives me nuts. I have 18" street tires pumped to the max pressure. However, on the highway, I seem to get between 16-18mpg. Go figure...

I drive like a grandpa too. But, only if the grandpa's last name is Andretti. :eek:

By my rough calculations I get around 12-13 mpg average with 33 AT's. Driving 70% hwy and 30% city.

Premium is up to around $3 per gallon too. Oh well, I knew this was going to happen when I bought it. No regrets here, I still drive the same amount and the same speed.

Like most everyone else, I get about 13mpg mixed highway/city. My LX is all stock... for now.

I just did a 400 mile roadtrip, about 60% highway and 40% city, A/C on all the way, 3 kids, lots of luggage and averaged about 60-75MPH on I5. I calculated 14-15MPG US Gallons...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom