Fuse Box Question: Does yours look like this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi!

So, I'm in the process of sorting out the butchery of wiring many JDM trucks seem to suffer from.

This KZJ78 has an aftermarket keyless entry/alarm installed by a heathen in Japan. While I'm trying to tidy up and remove all the superfluous hack wiring, I noticed that my ECU-B location (marked with a red dot in these pictures) on the fuse box was without a fuse. I thought maybe it just needed a fuse put in. It turned out that there were no terminals/wires going to it.

Although I doubt it is, but is it possible that this location was unpopulated from factory on this truck? Or did someone removed something from there? What do you have in that spot? Of course, this is the main fuse box located behind a little door at the bottom of your driver kick panel.

Thanks!

Screenshot_20230614-110440.png

Screenshot_20230614-112037.png

Mine also has unpopulated fuse holders for the things it didn't come with like an ECU.

I imagine it would be dangerous to leave them wired, because if the owner threw in a fuse you'd have a hot wire somewhere

That looks to be the same as mine. I figured that was spare because I have a standard, and thought it might be for the automatic transmission or something.
Thanks @Rigster, this helps.

Well, my truck is automatic so maybe someone with AT can take a look at theirs. My understanding is that the "B" in the ECU -B stands for "Battery" so this has something to do with the battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom