Fully Hydraulic A442f FSM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good day cruiser heads, im having a hard time searching for a downloadable repair manual of a fully hydraulic A442F tranny, the year model is '91.
all i can find is a repair manual for an electronic controlled A442f. it will be a great help if you guys help me..:cheers:

Yup. The A442F is the electrically controlled version, the A440F is the hydraulic version. In the US the A440 was used in the FJ-62 and the 91/92 FJ80s, though the transmissions have different output shafts and thus are incompatible for swaps. In 93 and 94 the FZJ-80 got the e-controlled A442. 95-97 US trucks got the A343 while the rest of the world kept the A442. The A442 uses a different TCM in the diesel trucks and IIRC the TC is a lower stall TC, but not 100% on that.

thanks guys but the vin says its a n a442f and is a 91 model 1hd-t cruiser without o/d button on the lever but PRND32L, the newer a442f has an o/d button on the lever and has PRND2L with ect/pwr and 2nd start button.

thanks guys but the vin says its a n a442f and is a 91 model 1hd-t cruiser without o/d button on the lever but PRND32L, the newer a442f has an o/d button on the lever and has PRND2L with ect/pwr and 2nd start button.

Sure sounds like an A440F to me. :meh:

the 90 and 91 diesels had a hydraulic a442f, as per the build plate on the firewall of my 90 hdj81, and rodney at wholesale automatics in AU

Well s***...I stand corrected...

This is interesting, I could really use one of these in my 80 w/ a 6.5 TD. I was planning on swapping my A442F for a 700r4 to avoid having to deal with all the electrical TCM BS. I'm guessing that this would have the correct output shaft that fits a 94 US Spec HF2AV transfer case???

now wonder where I can find one...might email Rodney

any luck finding the correct fsm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom