Fuel tank mod help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I did some searching
And failed to find my answer. Perhaps i used the wrong wording.
Anyways...
When going up hill gas goes to the back of the tank. If I am at a 1/4 tank or less, the engine gets starved.
Naturally I want to fix this. My ideas are simple (i hope)
1: Somehow attach a float to fallow the gas.
2: Branch the fuel pick up so there is a pickup at the front and back.

So my question is....How have you guys fixed this problem.
Is this fixable with the stock equipment.

Thank you for any help:beer:

try running the outlet into the tank at the top, prefgerably near the center. on the inside of the tank run a hose from this outlet to a weighted pickup. a longer hose will alow more movement, but if it curls up it may bind.
all this asumes you have a mechanical fuel pump, foran electric pump run a catch can like dieselcruiserhead's.
HTH carl

I have the same problem and always have. Mine is an early model, used to have a long range tank,now I have a 1979 tank. With the long range tank, this was avoided by keeping 45 gallons of fuel in it. I've ran into this problem on long, near vertical climbs, and severely off camber, leaning to the left positions. Branching out the lines won't work too well, unless you want air in your lines. I imagine that a carb with a fuel return would help to a certain extent. Which I do not have.

very cool thank you so much. I am assuming this would be a much easier task if I were to purchase a new tank to experiment with. She is my daily driver.

You could build a small sump into the bottom of the tank and put a baffle in it. Set it up like you would a oil pan on a drag car.

Just pump a sump into it or put some spacers between the tank and the underside of the body thereby tilting the tank a littl and keeping the gas where it is wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom