Fuel pump/filter problem? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently ran out of gas without any notice. Not a shimmy a shake. It simply Shut off. I put four gallons of gas in it and it still won't start. Could this be a clogged filter or a pump that went out? Could they all of a sudden just go out? It wants to turn over but won't. I listened to the tank to hear a pump kick on but did not hear it. Any advice? How much would it cost for a new pump to be put in? Thanks

As far as a pump just going out all of a sudden, I sure it could happen. Did you check your fuses? How about connections? Also it would be a good idea to do some trouble shooting before you just up and buy a new pump...especially if that ends up not fixing your problem. If you don't already have a copy, pick up a FSM for your model year along with a copy of the EWD. It will be a wealth of information now and in the future.

Good Luck

Replacing the pump is not hard at all. Access to the tank is under the middle seats.

If you do need a fuel pump, I have an Toyota pump from my 95 that is 6 months old that I'll make ya a deal on. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom