Front Speaker Spacers for a 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

John Staton

SILVER Star
Threads
At least a couple years ago I needed to refresh my doors and swap out the speakers. I came across a thread that told me what Pioneer speakers to buy along with some spacers that a guy on here prints on his 3D printer. Worked great until I took my door apart the other day to solder a wire as it had come loose. The spacer was all busted up for some reason. Not sure if it was the heat or maybe I just overtightened it and cracked it up during install. Anyway, I jerry rigged something with some washers but was out hunting last night noticed that the window was rattling against the speaker when it was down.

Solution...go back to previous set up. Now I know I saw the guy that makes those spacers post recently, like in the past week or so. $30/pair...and I have done a search every way I could and thought I had even clicked "watch thread", but I give up. Anyone know the guy or link to order?? Once someone posts the source for the spacers I will make sure I include in this thread a pic of the back of the speakers when I take it apart again so you will know the model. The combo works great and the speakers sound good.

fj60mud (2).JPG

thats it...thanks. I used every search term related to spacers but never adapters. I knew I would get a quick response.

Hey John. I updated the title of that thread to include “spacer” as you suggested. Replied to your PM as well. Sorry about the busted adapter. The printed parts are tough, but can’t hold up to those three larger fasteners if you really smash on um. The heat might be something as well for older sets I did. The materials age strangely.

Hey John. I updated the title of that thread to include “spacer” as you suggested. Replied to your PM as well. Sorry about the busted adapter. The printed parts are tough, but can’t hold up to those three larger fasteners if you really smash on um. The heat might be something as well for older sets I did. The materials age strangely.
Hi Neek, are they 3D printed on PLA? Just wondering what material might be most durable for this item? I haven't used my 3D printer in awhile, but may need to print up a custom bracket for a universal washer tank. Would you sell the STL, just for 1-person use (me)? If not, no big deal, $30 is more than fair.. as I know the material costs, but more importantly.. how long they can take to print. Ok, thanks.

Hi Neek, are they 3D printed on PLA? Just wondering what material might be most durable for this item? I haven't used my 3D printer in awhile, but may need to print up a custom bracket for a universal washer tank. Would you sell the STL, just for 1-person use (me)? If not, no big deal, $30 is more than fair.. as I know the material costs, but more importantly.. how long they can take to print. Ok, thanks.
They are PLA. Haven't had any reported issues thus far. The spacers end up out of direct sunlight so even folks in hot summer places shouldn't have issues. Anything in the engine bay, or exposed in the cabin should probably be printed in ABS at a minimum and Nylon would be preferred. There are even printers that can print in more impressive materials like ultem and antero (not to mention carbon fiber variants and even metal). Shoot me a PM and I can get started on getting you a set if you're interested. I prefer to print them as the infill geometry and percentage is important to the part the correct about of flexibility. I also provide the hardware that fits in the recess of the part so that it sits flush to the door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom