Front Runner Drop Down Table (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hoser

SILVER Star
Threads
I have not installed the table yet but my initial impression?... the dimensions are perfect for the 70 series... get them before they sell out again :)

First pic is on Jeep. 2nd pic is on BJ74

https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/us/drop-down-table.html

drop-down-table-by-front-runner-TBRA021-12-1.jpg
IMG_0128.jpg

Looks great!!!

The design and dimensions look very very similar to the one I got....and at a much better price, too:

Trailgater Bolt-on Tailgate Table for Jeep JK 2007-2015 with Bamboo Cutting Board

I love mine. Here are some photos of the Trailgater table installed on my 70:

View attachment 1300465 View attachment 1300466 View attachment 1300467 View attachment 1300468

I am sure you will love it. It is great to have additional horizontal space when camping.

Looking real good! This you have to modify anything or it just bolt-on?

Yeah, it's a sweet little piece of kit. Below is on my 94 KZJ78. The mounting was a a bit tricky, as one of the screws lines up to the interior metal door bracket, but after screwing down the expansion screw in the door card I just clipped off the end of the screw. Easy enough!

IMG_9910.jpg

Yeah, it's a sweet little piece of kit. Below is on my 94 KZJ78. The mounting was a a bit tricky, as one of the screws lines up to the interior metal door bracket, but after screwing down the expansion screw in the door card I just clipped off the end of the screw. Easy enough!

View attachment 2630525
This was the front runner one right? Very well fitted

I've got one as well. They fit well and the quality seems like it's there. I will say that the rive-nuts they include are a bit "cheap"... I'm going to remove mine and reinstall with some better riv-nuts.
IMG_0226.jpg

I've got one as well. They fit well and the quality seems like it's there. I will say that the rive-nuts they include are a bit "cheap"... I'm going to remove mine and reinstall with some better riv-nuts.View attachment 2631216
How has this done with rattling/noise? I cant find any info if these tables have good rubbers stops and if the clasp stays tight - my truck takes a beating, I don't want any rattling around! Also, did you have to reinforce (or looks like you replaced?) the door panel before mounting, or do the mount point drill right into metal?

How has this done with rattling/noise? I cant find any info if these tables have good rubbers stops and if the clasp stays tight - my truck takes a beating, I don't want any rattling around! Also, did you have to reinforce (or looks like you replaced?) the door panel before mounting, or do the mount point drill right into metal?
Yeah, they have good rubber bumpers on all 4 corners with cutouts through to the wood tray, so that's what's taking the tension. The only rattling I've ever had was actually the door card - the old plastic clips could handle the extra weight so a couple failed and the whole thing was bouncing. Replaced them all with new clips and it's been silent since.

I also didn't reinforce the card, but I did use expansion screws that provided a wider surface area on the back to ensure they didn't pull through the fiberboard card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom