Front hub wheel bearing seal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

Just got into replacing the front rotors and taking off the wheel bearings. The seals seem fine, is it okay to reuse them? Or should I pick some up at NAPA and put in new ones? I don't have time to order Toyota or OEM, I have to leave in a few days for a fishing trip and need to have everything back together by Monday. Car has about 105k miles on a 2000 LC.

Thanks

I would replace them since you are in there anyway. Non oe seals are a real crap shoot. Some are ok some are not.

If seal in good condition, it would be better to reuse them, rather than go with aftermarket IMHO.

I usually don't replace the seals unless they have been removed from the hub - then deffinetely replace them.

Unless the rotors are completely shot I would wait until I got back from my fishing trip and do the job properly with all genuine OEM parts.

Hope you catch a big one, Good Luck.

Unless the rotors are completely shot I would wait until I got back from my fishing trip and do the job properly with all genuine OEM parts.

Hope you catch a big one, Good Luck.
I ended up just reusing the older ones, they were in good condition. I'll order new OEM for next time, just all last minute stuff and with Covid, getting parts is taking a few weeks to get to me. We live in MT and my wife booked me a surprise birthday gift doing 3 days of floating on the Missouri river so heading to the east side of the state, should be a blast.

I ended up just reusing the older ones, they were in good condition. I'll order new OEM for next time, just all last minute stuff and with Covid, getting parts is taking a few weeks to get to me. We live in MT and my wife booked me a surprise birthday gift doing 3 days of floating on the Missouri river so heading to the east side of the state, should be a blast.
Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom