Front fender trimming to fit 37s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.octagonmma.com
I'm preliminarily trimming my fenders to make them smaller and shorter at both ends, hoping to clear my 37 TA Krawlers better. I'm running SUA and a 2.5" OME suspension. I am trying to eventually make the fenders tube fenders like MetalTech makes. Have you guys been down this route and should I just get the pre-made MetalTech or just go for it and do something original with my crinkly old fenders? Any been there done that tips? I'll post pics shortly........:D

I recently cut my fenders basically at the body line (basically have zero front fenders but inners now) and plan to cut about two inches off of the left over outside of the original fenders to reuse as skins. I have a build thread on here that shows pictures of my thoughts.... Not sure if they will help you but they will show what I am thinking atleast.

Never mind the circle and marks and stuff that was to show what i needed to remove to clear my scout box
fender.jpg

I plan to bend my tube around to basically replace the cut off area and then I will use my original fenders as skins. The other thing is that I will redrill holes in the skins and slide them between my inner fenders and aprons to give a factory style look and then tack them to my tubes. You will see I laid the tape to remove a bit extra of the factory hump in the front that my 37's would have liked to eat also
fender.jpg

Last edited:
i trimmed just the front part, best thing to do is flex and see were it hits mark then go from there

Hi All:

As part of my winter project, I moved the front axle forward about two inches. I am running hybrid OME leaf springs in the front (2 - 2.5 inches of lift?) SUA.

To clear the TSLs I trimmed the (rusty and bondo covered) front fenders just above the turn signal mount.

I'll know better about clearance after next weekend's trail run.

Regards,

Alan
DSCN0529.jpg

Last edited:
4x4sw-I'm trimming exactly the same amount on the sides of the fenders, perhaps 2".
Alan-mine are exactly the same idea as yours up front but mine blend into the line of the bottom bib angle.

Hey that looks good!!!! If you get bored more pics maybe of higher looking down or a side shot would be much appreciated.

Camcruiser is that basically what you did also??

yeah basically. i didnt need to cut the whole fender. just the front were it was hitting

4x4sw-I'm trimming exactly the same amount on the sides of the fenders, perhaps 2".

If you trim that much from the sides you will run into problems with the fender brace. You may have to cut it off also. Not that that is a big deal it just may be unexpected. It will be interesting if you end up with a piece of floppy sheet when your done........ I think that bend and the lip provides a lot of strength to the fender but if so... no big deal wrap a piece of tubing under it and tack it up! If all fails in the end and you hate it all you can still buy some metaltech's

Camcruiser- Ok thanks

Last edited:
If you trim that much from the sides you will run into problems with the fender brace. You may have to cut it off also. Not that that is a big deal it just may be unexpected. It will be interesting if you end up with a piece of floppy sheet when your done........ I think that bend and the lip provides a lot of strength to the fender but if so... no big deal wrap a piece of tubing under it and tack it up! If all fails in the end and you hate it all you can still buy some metaltech's

Camcruiser- Ok thanks

you is welcome

MT's are only $79.....

?? Agreed for the skin. So if you spend the 200 for the fenders I am certain for another 79.00 the skins would fit perfectly if that is what you are thinking???

Yup. I'll experiment until I can get the tube fenders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom