front fender caps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I finally removed those boards and trimmed the rear flaps way back. The front fender caps are shaped to intergrate w/ the boards. Are there small caps available for non running board LCs that look decent? Will these caps fit with Slees slisers, which I dont have?

Chris
94 LC

You need front mud flaps.

76603-60021, RH
76604-60021, LH

They list for about 60 bucks a rattle. Smart shoppers can find them for around 45 bucks each.

...i noticed Slees website(under 80s sliders products) shows the yellow cruiser and a drk green with front mud flaps?? Didnt know they made mud flaps for the front wheels. The yellow cruiser have them completely removed, not interested in this if I dont have the sliders yet.
suggestions?
Chris

Cruiserdan always comes through...so theres not a cap but only the actual mudflaps. I guess these could be cut back, seems alittle hoky though:-\
Thanks CDan

Chris

They can be bobbed. I have two full sets, all the way around. A full length set for the street and a bobbed set for the trail. The flap portion has been cut completely off of my bobbed set. It takes about 10 minutes to swap them out.
If you are careful about cutting them, it is difficult to to tell they weren't made that way.

D-

An exacto blade worked great. Maybe someone on the forum is wanting to ditch their flaps. The price you quoted is for both L/R front? Is this Cdans price or is it Toyota retail?

Chris

Toyota's suggested price is 60 dollars and change each The rears are more money. IIRC they are around 80 dollars each.

Handy tip on the flaps....

If you cut (or not) I filled mine with great stuff to stiffen them up a bit. Helps when you cut them ("bob" them) and keeps the 2 pound trail samples from returning home with you.

The rear flaps are tricky to bob...keep in mind the outside ridge is hollow...

Anyone have pics of their bobbed rears? I am about to snip mine.

FYI...exacto does work well...I used a sawzall with a metal cutting blade....muhehehehe (it worked well, you can even shave rough spots with it).

Dan,

I will post mine tomorrow. I used an exacto to score and repeated a few times. The isue for me is I wont be a ble to get sliders till 04 and Iwant to remove the boards but he front flaps(for boards) have a large channel where the boards go into. Cdan wrote that they have flaps for non-running boards but I will want to bob those like I did the rear flaps.

Thanks.

You could also back fill the hole for the running board with great stuff (make a mold) then paint black...

Saves a few dollars and you can cut it out when you get your sliders. Depends on how pretty you want it to be I guess :D

Where can I buy great stuff, is this a 2 part kit that is black?

Chris

Az, Great stuff is at the Home Depot, look near the wood by the roofing stuff. Orange spray can, sticky goop comes out when you squeeze it. (steady, boys.. ) But since this was a month ago I suspect you've found it by now.

Anyone know if the front mud flaps fit all years of FZJ? I could have sworn I tried to fit one from my 96 onto a 93 and it wouldn't work.. but I'm having a hard time finding proof that I wasn't mistaken.

Also interested if anyone has pics of their chopped-off rear flaps, am considering doing something similar. :cheers:

A month ago? Maybe 13 months ago...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom