1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

front axle overhaul problem

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by bad_religion_au, Nov 2, 2003.

1. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

in all the tech writeups i have read, it says to unlock your free wheeling hubs before removal... what if they don't unlock??? one of mine is jammed up good

2. hammerhead

hammerhead

which one do you have?

3. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

[quote author=hammerhead link=board=1;threadid=7058;start=msg58358#msg58358 date=1067839054]
    which one do you have?
    [/quote]

which one what? i got warn freewheeling hubs with the plastic dial if that's what your asking, on the passenger side (oops that's drivers side to you US people)

4. Pinion

Pinion

I had to rebuild a set of mine on my toy pu that wouldnt disengage. Just unbolt the small ones on the outer rim and twist the body counter clockwise (I think.) to get it off.

Dont worry about it. Its going to have to come off one way or another. By hving them unlocked, it just compresses the spring on the inside and keeps the hub in one small little package.

HTH,
    Rob

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">