Wanted Front and Rear Propeller Shaft for 1963 45LPB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am in need of a front and rear propeller shaft for a 1963 FJ45. The Chassis and Body Manual has these length at 525mm (20.67in) and 160mm (45.67in) respectively for the shafts.

I would like to do a direct pick up if possible. My son and I are taking a LONG road trip to pick up the 63 45LPB and I am hoping to pick these up along the way. We are traveling to Phoenix along the I-10 from San Antonio. Then up to Las Vegas. Las Vegas to Redding, CA. Will be stopping in and visiting with @kevos37 in Sutter. Sutter to Reno. Reno to Salt Lake. Salt Lake to Ouray, CO. Ouray to ABQ. ABQ to Lubbock then Lubbock back to SA. All this will be documented in a new thread starting next Saturday when we hit the road.

@kevos37, @whitey45, @pardion, @Tank5, @hyhpe --one of you I hope has one or both. Please let me know what you got.

Muchas Gracias!!

Pretty sure I have a front ( same as a 40)no rears, but plenty of driveshafts here to have lengthened for the rear. Cant wait for your travel thread, should be alot of fun!

I prob have a rear but not on your route. I might be able to eventually get it to sante fe but not for a while

I may have these…and with the factory boot over the slipyoke still intact.

Dean I think I asked in another post about your rear diff but make sure you get a shaft that‘s for a centered rear diff if you have one (early ‘63‘s do, don’t know about later ‘63’s), they are longer.

Dean I think I asked in another post about your rear diff but make sure you get a shaft that‘s for a centered rear diff if you have one (early ‘63‘s do, don’t know about later ‘63’s), they are longer.

Thanks Paul. I have learned so much from your thread. You had one post where you mentioned your rear diff being centered and that it changed to being off center to the right side on later ‘63s. I went right to the garage and checked and mine is off-center to the right. Our ‘63 has more in common with ‘64s than it does ‘63s.

I have a 65 offset rear that I changed the trans and rear so the driveline are up for grabs, contact me on DM here and see if they will work for you.
Skip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom