Front AHC Shocks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello.

I had a leaking front AHC shock that was causing the ride to become very uncomfortable.
I replaced the shock and flushed the system/adjusted pressures and now the ride is really smooth.
Is it worth replacing the other front shock? I bought the pair from a member on here and now I’m thinking I don’t need to replace the other one.

Shocks should always be replaced by axle. What are you saving it for? Shocks should always be replaced by axle. What are you saving it for?
Not really saving it for anything. It’s just a hassle replacing it because it’s AHC.

Hello.

I had a leaking front AHC shock that was causing the ride to become very uncomfortable.
I replaced the shock and flushed the system/adjusted pressures and now the ride is really smooth.
Is it worth replacing the other front shock? I bought the pair from a member on here and now I’m thinking I don’t need to replace the other one.
No, leave it be. AHC shocks are often (not always) lifetime components if pressures are kept in check. Keep that extra as a spare for the future.
Shocks should always be replaced by axle. What are you saving it for?
That's not really something that applies to AHC, IMO. The "shock" shaped component in AHC is just a hydraulic ram. The functional "shock" is the gas chamber, aka globe. The globes should be replaced as a set of 4. The shocks are more of a replace if it fails one by one deal in my book.

No, leave it be. AHC shocks are often (not always) lifetime components if pressures are kept in check. Keep that extra as a spare for the future.

That's not really something that applies to AHC, IMO. The "shock" shaped component in AHC is just a hydraulic ram. The functional "shock" is the gas chamber, aka globe. The globes should be replaced as a set of 4. The shocks are more of a replace if it fails one by one deal in my book.
Yeah I figured they should only be replaced if they’re leaking. Thanks man.

Yeah I figured they should only be replaced if they’re leaking. Thanks man.

Actually even leaking doesn’t always mean they need to be replaced (this is shown in your owners manual). It means that the pressures are off and a fluid change, torsion adjustment and maybe some coil spacers are needed to get things back to normal.

Actually even leaking doesn’t always mean they need to be replaced (this is shown in your owners manual). It means that the pressures are off and a fluid change, torsion adjustment and maybe some coil spacers are needed to get things back to normal.
yeah i found a good deal on a pair of shocks so I just went for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom