AHC bleeding (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Replacing my right rear shock and wondering how to bleed the system after the install. Do you use the bleeder at the accumulator and/or the one at the globe(s)?
I would appreciate any advice.

I did both. Lower the truck to L then bleed it down to the bump stops. Close the valves, raise back to L and repeat.
I was thinking like bleeding brakes and was thought there might be a bleeder valve at the shocks.
Thanks for the info.
I had searched but all I could find was removal but the were doing was an AHC delete.

This is how i have done it several times.
Look for the globes (4 of them, Front Left, Front Right, Rear Left, Read Right). There is a bleed nipple attached to each globe.

To bleed at any corner (globe), make sure you have enough fluid in reservoir. Actually you should have more than enough because you are going to bleed some down. Then:

1. Start the car, put AHC in Neutral (N) if not already done so, and turn off engine.
2. Open a bleed nipple slowly as height drops. Continue opening until no more fluid flows. Be careful as car may drop on you.
3. Close the nipple.
4. Start car until height automatically raises and stabilizes in N.
5. Check reservoir level and top up if necessary.
6. Repeat process for each nipple if required.

It is so easy if you know how to do it. Unfortunately you may not find anyone who knows how to do it.

You can get a mechanic and give them instructions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom