Frame Mover (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kiwidog

Kiwidog
Threads
Had to make a little room in the shop after pulling the axles off the frame. Getting ready to overhaul the front and the rear complete. These are out of the '78 and have 3.7 gears so it will be more of a highway queen.
Wanted to move the '78 frame out as the frame from the '76 is in better shape and have already started on the rear cross member.
Used the snow plough on the '80 to move the frame out of the way.
Yes you can lift the axles up onto a bench for teardown and overhaul. One end at a time. Pretty heavy but if an old fart like me can do it, you young guys will have no trouble. Tie the first end down just to be safe before lifting the other end.
A $15 tie rod removal tool saves a lot of work taking the steering joints( tie rod ends) apart.
There are seven counting the stabilizer.
Here are a few pictures

Thanks jb
Frame floor.jpg
Frame pull.jpg
Frame loaded.jpg

Few more pictures

The tie rod puller, really a tie rod pusher.

Thanks jb
Axles loaded ready for O:H.jpg
Frame landed.jpg
Tie puller.jpg

i use my plows all the time i can lift the rear of a 40 and move them around ,also haul axles and engines all around town.if i didnt have a plow i would still keep the lifts.

:lol:

Lol... I slung the frame over my shoulder when I took it out of the shop to pressure wash it. That idea you have there would have been much easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom