Fossil hunting poverty pack (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sweet Reg, love the simplicity !

Factory bench seat is complete. The upholsterer used three sections (center and two thin grey sections) from another blue grey cloth seat that I brought him. He was able to build new foam for the lower center section.

Seat turned out great. Before and after.

C5AE4559-CB96-403A-A958-912E5540B708.jpeg

760D5DB9-4515-40DB-8A0A-D79EB00D8C7E.jpeg

B31F1BDB-E541-4A88-8507-3AF92FB6451B.jpeg

34637A32-11F9-47CC-8B11-64752D2FFC7A.jpeg

Last edited:
That is a sweet rig. I really like the simplicity, and the color combo interior/exterior. I'm not a big fan of those 15" rims, and if it were me I'd get the factory 16" rims that are on all the FZJ80's. Just my opinion, but I can see why other would want to keep it all original.
Keep up the great work!

Nice! I have one of these land cruisers! mine is almost the same as yours. Mine had a roof rack and is white but other than that the same. I don't have a 3rd row from factory, I don't have sun roof, no sliding 3rd row windows, no fender flairs and a non split bench seat second row. somebody said to put 16 inch rims... I have my original 15 inch ones with 33x10.50s and it looks pretty good with the stock height ome lift. (its about a 1 inch lift)

Last edited:
Nice land cruiser, I have a similar early poverty pack land cruiser as well. Mine did not come with a second row seat when I got it from the PO. I wonder if I had a bench seat like you have that had been removed. Might be something I need to look for. Cool find, thanks for sharing.

@Tank5 Something else your Poverty pack has that I believe is fairly rare, No Cruise Control.

Throttle cable goes directly to the throttle body. If I remember correctly.

That is a sweet rig. I really like the simplicity, and the color combo interior/exterior. I'm not a big fan of those 15" rims, and if it were me I'd get the factory 16" rims that are on all the FZJ80's. Just my opinion, but I can see why other would want to keep it all original.
Keep up the great work!

Thank you. I wanted to really dedicate my time get it cleaned up right but with work being so busy it’s been hard to wrench on it. But I’m actually really enjoying this process.

Someone else mentioned to keep the 16” wheels from the other LC I bought.

Does anyone know up to what year they ran these 15 wheels on the earlier 80’s? Also any other early poverty’s pack owners did their vehicles come with similar wheels or did it have the factory steel wheels?

Last edited:
Nice! I have one of these land cruisers! mine is almost the same as yours. Mine had a roof rack and is white but other than that the same. I don't have a 3rd row from factory, I don't have sun roof, no sliding 3rd row windows, no fender flairs and a non split bench seat second row. somebody said to put 16 inch rims... I have my original 15 inch ones with 33x10.50s and it looks pretty good with the stock height ome lift. (its about a 1 inch lift)

Very cool! Mind sharing photos? I’d love to see what other owners of these poverty pack are doing with their vehicles.

Very cool! Mind sharing photos? I’d love to see what other owners of these poverty pack are doing with their vehicles.
Here is a picture of mine before I did a bunch of work to it. Ill post some more after work. since this photo I have added 33x10.50s and a ome stock hight lift (about 1- 1.5 inch lift)
IMG_7012.jpg

Does anyone know up to what year they ran these 15 wheels on the earlier 80’s? Also any other early poverty’s pack owners did their vehicles come with similar wheels or did it have the factory steel wheels?
The 91-92s came with 15" wheels, north America all got wheels like yours. Other markets may have got steels. 93-95 16" lug centric like your wheels.
96-97 have a different style Mag type lug that does not work with the early wheels.

The 91-92s came with 15" wheels, north America all got wheels like yours. Other markets may have got steels. 93-95 16" lug centric like your wheels.
96-97 have a different style Mag type lug that does not work with the early wheels.mo
96-97 have a different style Mag type lug that does not work with the early wheels.
most 1991 and 92 models came with an alloy/aluminum 15 inch rims I believe they are the same as the 2nd gen 4runners and maybe some of the 1st gens. some fj80s came with the steel rims like mine. I would prefer the aluminum ones though because of rust issues where I live.

most 1991 and 92 models came with an alloy/aluminum 15 inch rims I believe they are the same as the 2nd gen 4runners and maybe some of the 1st gens. some fj80s came with the steel rims like mine. I would prefer the aluminum ones though because of rust issues where I live.
Did you buy it new ? I have never seen steel wheels on a 80 in north America unless someone put them on there aftermarket. Or maybe you Reg is a import ?

Did you buy it new ? I have never seen steel wheels on a 80 in north America unless someone put them on there aftermarket. Or maybe you Reg is a import ?
I believe I am the 3rd owner, the 2nd owner was the son of the original owner. The wheels were not changed to my knowledge. I have seen another "poverty pack" one on here with the same wheels. I am guessing it was a cheeper option that was not really offered often. I believe its a rare option.

I believe I am the 3rd owner, the 2nd owner was the son of the original owner. The wheels were not changed to my knowledge. I have seen another "poverty pack" one on here with the same wheels. I am guessing it was a cheeper option that was not really offered often. I believe its a rare option.
I stand corrected, per @jonheld the steel wheels were standard on the 91-92s. The aluminum wheels were part of a tow package. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom