Former Disney 45 on ebay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like a 65 based on the VIN. It has definitely more rot than when I last saw it three years ago. I definitely wonder how bad the frame looks, as the cab is in need of LOTS of sheetmetal work. IIRC didn't someone here on Mud enquire to Disney lately, but was told it was not for sale.

:cheers:

Steve

At least they are trying to sell it and not just taking it to the crusher.

IIRC didn't someone here on Mud enquire to Disney lately, but was told it was not for sale.

:cheers:

Steve

That was me...

This was their response at the time:

"Thank you for your e-mail to the DISNEYLAND® Resort.

Unfortunately, the truck mentioned is not for sell. We apologize for any
disappointment this may cause you and your family."

I've got a picture of my girls standing in front of that truck 3 years ago and I don't remember it being that rusted either:hmm::hmm:

someone who can get it at least make an offer. even as a parts rig, there's a lot of good stuff. so you offer $500 or whatever...worst they can say is no.

I would guess they have clorine in that water which is the contributing factor on the rust. That thing was not nearly that rusty the first time I saw it which was quite a long time ago.

Two offers on it already

Hi, A fool is easily separated from his money. Mike

Worst rust appears to be in the doors and rockers. I also noticed pictures are not all from the same time period. Less rust on the picture with the boats in the back. Guessing the graphics painted on the doors may have faded more. But as for rust I'm guessing the weather stripping on the doors has rotted away and every time it rained the doors filled with water. Once the door rusted thru the bottom it started on the rockers or maybe a lot on the rockers is rust stain from the doors. If I was local I would probably inspected it in person. If the rust isn't that bad anywhere else this could be a good flipper. Have as many pictures as possible of it sitting at Disneyland. Sounds like a few mudders have pictures. Reproduce the door graphics on a replacement set of doors. Rest of the restore might not be that bad depending on the what shape it's in. F drive trains are cheap. Then sell at one of the big auctions. People loves a vehicle with a history. In general the 40 series are becoming collectors and this is not a dime a dozen FJ40 but a FJ45 pickup with history. How many people never heard of Disneyland?

Guess it depends if you see a glass half empty or half full.:cheers:

What are you saying good flipper, that truck is junk

You could very well be correct. But without more pictures how can you tell? I've driven work truck in the past that the doors will fill up after a good rain. I would use a screw driver to unplug the drain until next time. I doubt anyone from Disneyland was doing that to this truck. Am I missing any other obvious major rust? The roof could be leaking, The doors could also be leaking inside and the floor is toast. Same with the bed floor. But without a crystal ball or better pictures I'm not sure.

I was at Disneyland 2 days ago and missed the old '45. Here's a pic. from 2011. Whoever restores this truck needs to have the "Grizzly River" logo on the doors.

025.jpg

Disney 45 resurfaced, no addition.

From the post:

1965 and '66, and only around 100 of them at that). It was sold to Disney by ICON/TLC Land Cruisers probably 15 years ago. Up until recently, it was featured as a prop at Disney in California for the Grizzly River Run whitewater rafting ride, and still bears the decals on the doors and front bumper. I found license-plates and a registration from Eastern Oregon, from 1997 when it was last on the road, as well as some photos of it on the internet with zero rust on it. Unfortunately, sitting next to that water-ride, every time it splashed down the mountain, the truck got sprayed with highly-clorinated water, causing the roof, door-bottoms, rockers, and a few other areas to get rusty. Otherwise, the hood, fenders, frame, undercarriage and most everywhere else on the truck are still really solid. See the pictures of it when it was still AT the Disney themepark. They removed the engine and drivetrain from the truck, but I purchased a Toyota Land Cruiser 2H 4-liter diesel inline-6 cylinder engine for it (already connected to a 4-speed manual, and transfer-case, ready to drop right in the truck). It's out of a Land Cruiser of the same body-style, so it will bolt right in, but I just haven't done it yet. It's got an extremely rare period-correct camper-topper on it, not sure what brand it is, but actually specifically built for these trucks... probably the only one left in the U.S. I've never seen another (I also bought it from ICON/TLC, and that's when I learned that he sold it to Disney years back). I've got a roll-bar for it, and a few other parts (the drive-shafts, and I can't remember what all else). These are getting so collectible, and desireable. Oh, it's got a rear step-bumper with a trailer hitch (a rare option). I've got a bunch of pictures as it was when I got it, but it looks a whole lot better now, as I've been repairing the rusted areas. It's still got a ways to go, but I've done most of the hard work for the next owner. I've tried to preserve the originality of it, as it is still wearing its factory ORIGINAL paint from 1966 even underneath, and up in the wheelwells, amazingly! Granted I know it doesn't look the best, but what you see is exactly what you get... nothing hidden. It's never been re-done or butchered up.

I've also got a '79 HJ45 diesel Long wheelbase troopie Land Cruiser for sale.
8D093859-9810-42CB-A31A-A59D87B37EA4.jpeg
EBE40337-B740-4F94-AB51-8D33EB6DF916.jpeg
D2612EBC-554D-4104-84F6-58376109681D.jpeg
06C92B16-0389-4485-BA2E-AA6E4CE08C1C.jpeg
53840A01-FA61-4729-9094-AF1BEC26235A.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom