For those who have done the Tundra front axle conversion... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've been running the tundra conversion for 100k miles. Handling is improved, no downsides I've seen. It does make the tires stick out if you run lower offset wheels.
follow the original thread for parts list and install tips.

What are your alignments Numbers/specs? Do you feel like you have more or less room around the KDSS post alignment ? I was hoping you would have been able to gain just enough to clear those 295s….bummer.
Update: they added a 1/4” turn stop and did a phenomenal job welding one in. Check it out in pic, looks pretty factory. It hasn’t rubbed since. I didn’t notice any change in turning radius.

BAFF5C5B-523A-4201-92AF-E9FAAC1A8182.jpeg

6CFEA9E6-B94F-4829-9599-89ED504B07DC.jpeg

7C30314C-C2DB-4217-BCE8-3D1AC97045E3.png

Update: they added a 1/4” turn stop and did a phenomenal job welding one in. Check it out in pic, looks pretty factory. It hasn’t rubbed since. I didn’t notice any change in turning radius.

View attachment 3146599

View attachment 3146600

View attachment 3146601
That's some creative work. Never crossed my mind to take this approach. Glad to hear this works. Took me a minute to even see the modified turn stop. Those are some decent alignment numbers. I imagine if you dropped caster to the mid twos you would gain some space at the front but would sacrifice steering feel and may end up running into issues at the rear of the wheel well with 295s.
If you have any wondering issues on the highway you may want to look into adding some caster to the front right. I have noticed my 200 likes to have around 1/3-1/2 degree more caster on the passenger side to track straight on the highway.

Last edited:
That's some creative work. Never crossed my mind to take this approach. Glad to hear this works. Took me a minute to even see the modified turn stop. Those are some decent alignment numbers. I imagine if you dropped caster to the mid twos you would gain some space at the front but would sacrifice steering feel and may end up running into issues at the rear of the wheel well with 295s.
If you have any wondering issues on the highway you may want to look into adding some caster to the front right. I have noticed my 200 likes to have around 1/3-1/2 degree more caster on the passenger side to track straight on the highway.
It drove pretty dang straight on my short highway drive but will keep an eye on it. The guy who did the alignment was really into explaining all the little adjustments and mentioned just what you said about reducing the caster and was concerned it would effect the driving and I may not like it, so we left it alone as he recommended. I mentioned about doing a Kdss relo and he pretty told me not to do it as he was pointing out the pre-load on bushing, angle change of sway bar and linkage. They have done many kdss relos on 4Runners and haven’t seen any issues as of yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom