For Sale / Wanted Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They still have decent tread life. one has over 60% the other three down to about 20%.

First $300 takes em.

Tony 719-339-8933

SOLD!!

Last edited:
Hey All,
Just got my '40 and plan on meeting for a trail run once I can get her back on the road. Had some problems with the FJ this past weekend, and am in need of some parts.

I'm kinda green to the mechanics, but what I know I need so far:
Locking Hub(s)
Birfs
Set of wheel bearings
Retaining clips
Gasket set(s)

You know, if someone has some time and wants to cruise by to offer their advice I'd really appreciate it...
I'm near the Olympic Training Center. Can PM me for the addy.
Thanks!

I have a pair of coarse spline birfs from a 74 that I think will work for you. Cheap! Might have some used wheel bearings as well, but they're not alot of coin new considering what it takes to get in there and replace them.

I am becoming convinced that a disk brake upgrade is in my best interest... although this may not be the best solution in the short-term to get me back on the road (and moved out of my temporary repair parking location).

I'm learning as I go, so please excuse the dumb questions...
Will the coarse spline birfs you mention be tossed if I go with a new axle for a disk upgrade in the near future?

Depends how you do it I guess. You will need a newer axle, or at least newer knuckles to do this. Odds are that you'll be able to get the birfs & such as part of the package when you do that. If not, I *think* the older birfs will still work, provided you also have the appropriate hubs. But not positive on that bit - maybe somebody else can chime in.

These birfs are leftovers from my ongoing/glacial disk brake swap. Got a 74 axle and some mini truck knuckles, birfs & hubs so don't need the birfs & hubs from the 74.

I am becoming convinced that a disk brake upgrade is in my best interest... although this may not be the best solution in the short-term to get me back on the road (and moved out of my temporary repair parking location).

I'm learning as I go, so please excuse the dumb questions...
Will the coarse spline birfs you mention be tossed if I go with a new axle for a disk upgrade in the near future?

Regarding your temporary repair parking - it's a full float axle. You can slap some new bearings in it, leave axle & birf out and drive it. Not to far of course, as all your diff oil will run out the axle tube on the first camber or hard turn. But enough to get it where you need it.

1988 FJ62 For Sale

1988 FJ62 For Sale - $12,000. Clean. Excellent Condition. 198,000 miles. Many, many extras. Complete records. Serious inquires only. Call Jim at 720-278-5543 or email at countrydogs@skybeam.com.

88FJ62001.jpg

88FJ62002.jpg

88FJ62003.jpg

88FJ62004.jpg

88FJ62005.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow...didn't see that coming. Are you looking for a uhmm...you know... a jeep?

Cleaning out the garage!!!

I need to make room for my next project so I'm selling all these parts.

I have a Chevy 305 builder. $100 (came out of a camaro)
Heads from the 305 $50
NV4500 (comes will bell housing, clutch plate, and t-case) $1200 obo
Chevy exhaust manifolds for corvette with crossfire injection
I also have other misc parts
power steering pump $50
alternators $35 each
starters $25 each

I also have some toyota stuff. FZJ80 tranny and I will have some FJ60 axles available and lots of other misc toyota stuff too. I'll update as stuff comes in. I have a FZJ80 coming in that I'll be parting out. And yes I'm keeping the axles. :doh:

This is all great stuff for your next project.

Call or text Tony 719-339-8933

There are some pics here: http://cosprings.craigslist.org/pts/4202352071.html

I have a 285/75-16 single tire. Came as the spare on my GMC but didn't match the other tire's size. Rubber is a little hard but still has good tread. No patches or dry rot that I can see. Would make a good spare. Free to a club member.

image-2952587060.jpg

image-1656568357.jpg

image-2952587060.jpg

image-1656568357.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom