for sale: 89 FJ62 with blown engine (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last edited:
Saw a silver 60 for sale awhile back outside of Newark, DE. I'll take a spin down that way and see if it is still around.

pic's
a.jpg
aa.jpg

Off topic/hijack. If you are just going to trade your LX for a taco, do you mind if I trade my OEM suspension with your OME?

Post up some pics....
Consider yourself done wheeling if you make the trade (i might get a little s*** for this comment, but my opinion, ok with a donahoe /deaver lift system..it might be worthy of some minor trails)

A little more help...

83 fj60 landcruiser..
ugly but awesome trail rig
sprung over
shackle reversal.
New OME front springs
cut and turned front axel housing
411 gears
cv style drivelines
15x 10 black steelies w/35-12.50 mtr's
Rear ARB.
runs awesome! does great on trails.. ready to wheel!
absolutely nothing wrong with it, neet to sell to finish tube buggy!
NEW CD PLAYER

$2,000 or make offer

call me for more info!! 801-577-2606
i'm in west valley!!
Ive seen this around, Kurt at cruiseroutfitters knows this rig.
Have fun

Not too sure about lower prices. There was an '97 locked in Costa Mesa, Orange County CA with 95k miles listed at $17,500 in Autotrader last week. I thought the price was ridiculous. It sold the next day.

if it's 25 years old or older it's alot easier to bring vehicles across the border.

I see all the threads about the Canadian imports.... 25 yrs or older? hmmm... hell Charleston, s.c. is 1hr from here that port is 20 times bigger than savannahs.

Last edited:
Oooo geez, this could be ugly as I am not 100% on the name of the road but here goes. IIRC it was in a little mallish parking lot (Possum Creek Mall ?). There is for sure an Outback steakhouse in this mallish thing. When I drop down into Newark I take Rt. 72 and Rt. 72 makes a right turn onto (this is where I get fuzzy with road names) what could be the far end of Kirkwood Hwy. At any rate when Rt. 72 dumps into this 4 lane, is the location of the Outback, that little mall thing, and the last place I saw this silver 60 sitting with a for sale sign on it in the parking lot. It has been at least a month since i've been down that way so...who knows if it is still there.

More recently (within last two weeks), I saw a brown one for sale at a service station on Route 1 in Concordville. From say I95, exit onto Rt. 322 towards W. Chester. Come up 322 to the light with Rt. 1 and turn right. Go @ 1/4 mi. and you'll see it on your right.

Good luck and sorry about the fuzzy directions in Delaware....

79' Mercedes Benz Unimog For Sale!!!

I need to sell one of the two Unimogs I have, to
help with the cost of restoring the other!! My wife is
screaming at me to get at least one of these out of
the driveway!! I don't care which one I sell, just
need to only have one at a time!! For the one that I
have road ready, the price is $18,500. For the one
that I haven't done anything to yet, the price is
$14,500. Sure beats buying a new one at $200k!!!! They
are both 1979's, with 5.7L 6 cyl. diesels, and have
PTO's both front and rear, heavy duty springs, again
both front and rear, ROPS. Rear sway bar, duel
hydraulic systems, heated windshields, air wipers, and
host of other options! With such low hours and miles
these trucks are not even "BROKEN IN" yet! Mercedes
Benz figures that any major engine rebuilds will be
around 13,000-15,000 hours, and with both having less
than 1000 hrs. These trucks will last another 50-70
years!! For all info got to: http://vonsmog.tripod.com
Let me know if you have any interest! Von

miker said:
A hard top or soft top will fit over the cage.

Just found out that a BestTop TigerTop soft top does not quite fit over the cage's rear hoop. Rear of cage is an inch or two too tall in the center of the hoop.
507.gif

A hard top does fit fine.

I can modify the cage if new owner needs a soft top to fit. If you won't use a soft top then I guess its not an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom