for sale: 89 FJ62 with blown engine (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you decide on a diesel, your choices from available Cruisers will be very limited. You can find FJ40s for sale pretty regularly along the front range and you will have many more to choose from. I'm not that familiar with 42s but I would assume that parts won't be nearly as easy to find. That said, I've been reading an Australia 4x4 mag and I would love a turbo diesel 80 series.

If you post your price range and the what condition/set-up your looking for here you will probably find some likely candidates pretty quickly. Which one isn't as important as just getting one. They're damn cool.

Uploading pics

It won't let me. Maybe my files are too large, or I have to pay or something. Any tips?
If not, just email me and I'll get you the pics ASAP. Thanks.

JM

hey lucky, you in van or kelowna right now? there is a fj40 in north van forsale, if you get bored you should go check it out for me :) or if you just want to check it out let me know ill give you the guys name and address

Derek

Hey, I liked your article in the Trails! Where is Cruiserholics anonymous meeting?

Nice truck, I'll be in the market for one this winter.

i mustve just missed that one, right now down in vancouver there is one but i think ill hold out for one closer to where i live unless its a screamin deal, thanks for the link though

A few more pictures. Also, not Shane Warne. Jonty Rhodes from South Africa.

IMG_135.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_138.jpg

IMG_140.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

"94 with Diff. locks...100,000 mi. clean/Texas

Just a "heads up" to anyone looking for a clean cruiser w/diff. locks. The ads do not mention the diff. locks but it has them.
It is at Tejas Toyota in Humble, Texas. They have had it (overpriced for this area) on their lot for at least 4 months. It is currently on E-Bay for the second time.
I have personally looked at and driven this vehicle and would have purchased it if they had gotten the price down a bit lower.
They have it listed in the high 14's and I was quoted 14,200 when I dealt with them.
Bought a very clean '97 (no diff. locks) the same day from another dealer for 12,975 drive out.
Anyway, it (the '94) is very clean, carfaxed out O.K., could use a tune up and has some windshield chips but is otherwise very nice. Red with gray interior.
They might be ready to deal by now....the guy I dealt with is no longer there according to them.
Let me know if I can share any other info about it that I can remember.

Whats my BJ60 worth?

What ya think my 1985 BJ60 is worth?

Recently rebuilt last week....
-steering knuckles
-wheel bearings
-Front brake calipers(bigger four runner units)
-High quality Rabestos pads
-Rotors, not offshore crap

Rebuilt in the past two years
-H55 and transfercase
-Suspension is 2 1/2 custom with greaseable anti inversion
-OME shocks and stabilizer
-Installed toyota supra bucket seats, plus hooked up electric adjustments Lumbar
-Reuophlstered seats, doors panels with Wisper synthetic leather
-Kenwood flip face deck with all the goodies and four speakers
-Installed HJ60 rear axle and put new third with low miles in the front axle
-U- Joints in the rear
-CV front drive shaft
-Cut out some rust on rear quarters and replaced with new steel
-32 inch MTs by Brigestone
-four eagle alloy rims
-installed a rocker switch for the glow plugs as the factory electronics gave up
-ARB bull Bar for warn winch

Could use some inner frame repair although I have cleaned and oiled the unterside for protection. Small spot on both sides by the spring hanger.

Rear bumper ends missing, tire carrier was removed as I was planning on installing a long range fuel tank.

Could use a paint job to be perfect.

3B has approaximatly 180miles and at last compression it was registering around 425 across all four.

If I were to keep it I would either put 4.10 gears into the axles or turbo the engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom