Fold Down Tables (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not sure it would even work on a 70 Series rear door but this 2 shelf version is kinda interesting.
7A435530-D9B1-4C6A-AC63-A6CD0A0A7BB6.jpeg

These guys do a few different styles for a couple of Landcruiser models but not sure if they have distributors in the US.

I opt'd for my drop down table to be outside the truck on the storage container swing out. It was on my 80 rather than my 70, but I could do a similar drop down table for the 70 on the spare tire swing out.

i.e., The solution space is diverse and can follow individual taste/needs.

Drop Down Table FZJ80.jpg

I've done a few for customers but didn't save any pics.

we use the door cover as a table with a lip that sticks out on the bottom. The hinge is also on the bottom. The table/cover is made of aluminum. The table is held in at the top with a magnet and has a piano hinge on the bottom.

The lip was added so you don't have to run straps on the side. Makes it really clean.

I have a defender in my shop that we did this to. I'll post pics when I go back

Another vote for FR! I have used mine quite a bit now. To get it up here was pricey, but worth it in everyday driving, No rattling. And the side arms seem more secure than cables, although I'm sure its just aesthetic difference. Love the extension. But I will say it seems they've cheaped out on the insert. I was expecting bamboo, but what I got was unfinished, slightly rough in places... and ... probably what everybody else has gotten? LOL. No matter - I covered it in OSMO food grade stain to match my baseplate and its all good.

Cutting out the backplate and adding storage behind would be super cool, but my cutting skills rarely progress beyond scissors.

Hello .. for you guys using J**p tables .. are those a wide match for the 70 series door ?

What I'm looking for it's to be able to attach the table frame to the door card anchor points .. or how do you install it to the door ?

My main concern it's about rattling

I had done this as a temporary fix cos I had plans to build a fancy alu one but I've been using it for years, only painted it just now and its staying. Scrap piece of marine plywood, some cheap hinges and 2 bicycle brake cables 🙂

View attachment 3038234
Some times the old girl just don't want to leave ......might as well keep her...

I have a construction similar to @malteser s. I used parachord instead of steel cables. I did oversize knots that also serve aa dampner. No rattle.
Hinges are mounted to some riv nuts that go into the original holes of the doorcard fasteners. Dead easy.
I used beech plywood and a clear boat deck coating, which looks very nice.
Cheers Ralf

I have the front runner table on the rear door and seldom use it. You have to put everything away to close the door and I don’t like having to do that at night after a couple of cocktails.

I have a track table mounted on the side. Bigger and more convenient. I use it just about every night.

I have the front runner table on the rear door and seldom use it. You have to put everything away to close the door and I don’t like having to do that at night after a couple of cocktails.

Do you mean it's mounted too low and hits the floor, or, everything flies off it when you shut the door?

Cause everything would fly off mine.

Frontrunner with the center cut out

DSCF1672.jpg

did you add additional structure to the door in order to hold and secure the table ?

Front Runner has a 15% off sale through the 5th so I just went ahead and ordered their product. 😊

Do you mean it's mounted too low and hits the floor, or, everything flies off it when you shut the door?

Cause everything would fly off mine.
I’ll get some pics.

I have cabinets inside and the door won’t close with the table down….it would hit the cabinet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom