Fog Light Replacement/Mod on Factory bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here are some:
BD30C75A-C44B-450F-B99B-F12AAE72A650.jpeg
CD204DCA-1F08-4AEA-A5D5-095031EC0142.jpeg

Hey Ken,
Will need to know exactly which clips. There are a zillion... Old thread and I can’t remember. It’s amazing how many funky clips there are all over the truck.

The ones on the plastic cover that go over the radiator

The 90467-07217 are what held the plastic cover over the radiator. The other larger black ones are inside the grille and hold the bumper skin down (incidentally, I think this is the same fastener that holds the tow hitch cover on from below and holds the rear bumper skin inside the sides of the rear hatch).

The ones on the plastic cover that go over the radiator

So the cover at the top that are front and upward facing when you open the engine bay?

If that’s what you mean...I’ll look.
How many do you need?

Thats it. Charlie posted the part number above and I already ordered them. Thanks for the response

The factory headlights and fog lights on the 200 series Land Cruiser are just fine and there isn't any reason to change them unless you want to add auxiliary lights in the factory bumper. Choosing to remove the factory fog lights and make a custom mounting plate for Rigid Dually's or any similar cube LED light. This is a write up on what I did to add a couple of extra lights to a stock front bumper cover.

Pictures of fog light opening. The opening measures 4 inches by 10 inches and plenty of room behind the bumper.

After purchasing a 2008 LC, a good companion to the 2003 LC, and wanting to put additional lights up front in place of the fogs. I got a few measurements and originally planned for 3 pairs of LED cubes (6 cubes total) in the factory fog light locations. And they would have fit but there wasn't going to be much room for adjustments while on the vehicle so I left one pair out.

The mounting plate is 4"x4" aluminum angle one quarter inch (1/4) thick. It is bolted directly on top of the aluminum bumper tube. I had to find the proper angle to mount the aluminum bracket and still be able to put the light bolts through without interference front the bumper tube. I took off and put back on the bumper cover 4 or 5 times here and on and off a total of 10 times.

The wiring was real easy by utilizing the harnesses, relay and wires that came with one of the light cubes and I chose to add a 6 post blue sea fuse block. I also used the factory fog light wiring cutting the connections off and adding the Rigid connections with water tight splices to the pair of SAE LED fog lights. Using the fuse block means I don't need the inline fuse from the loom for the spot lights, so it got cut out. Drilled through the firewall and used a rubber gromit. Drilled a hole in one of the blank plates driver left and installed the switch. All of the wires got covered with wiring loom and secured well.

A brilliant solution.

The factory headlights and fog lights on the 200 series Land Cruiser are just fine and there isn't any reason to change them unless you want to add auxiliary lights in the factory bumper. Choosing to remove the factory fog lights and make a custom mounting plate for Rigid Dually's or any similar cube LED light. This is a write up on what I did to add a couple of extra lights to a stock front bumper cover.

Pictures of fog light opening. The opening measures 4 inches by 10 inches and plenty of room behind the bumper.

After purchasing a 2008 LC, a good companion to the 2003 LC, and wanting to put additional lights up front in place of the fogs. I got a few measurements and originally planned for 3 pairs of LED cubes (6 cubes total) in the factory fog light locations. And they would have fit but there wasn't going to be much room for adjustments while on the vehicle so I left one pair out.

The mounting plate is 4"x4" aluminum angle one quarter inch (1/4) thick. It is bolted directly on top of the aluminum bumper tube. I had to find the proper angle to mount the aluminum bracket and still be able to put the light bolts through without interference front the bumper tube. I took off and put back on the bumper cover 4 or 5 times here and on and off a total of 10 times.

The wiring was real easy by utilizing the harnesses, relay and wires that came with one of the light cubes and I chose to add a 6 post blue sea fuse block. I also used the factory fog light wiring cutting the connections off and adding the Rigid connections with water tight splices to the pair of SAE LED fog lights. Using the fuse block means I don't need the inline fuse from the loom for the spot lights, so it got cut out. Drilled through the firewall and used a rubber gromit. Drilled a hole in one of the blank plates driver left and installed the switch. All of the wires got covered with wiring loom and secured well.

Did you fab the mount itself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom