Flagpole (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am planning to run Switzer Lake to Flagpole tomorrow about midday. I cant really find reports on how much snow they got up that way and just wanted to see if anyone had insight on how the RD might be.

I've done that run once on a club run. Good fun. Is there a good place to download the gps tracks for my garmin?

Assuming its not covered in ice I will have one after this weekend. Ive read a few post that say that area doesnt get much sun so I am a little worried about the impassibility of it.

Check with BK.

Yup. He lives in H'burg and has a cabin near Flagpole.

yep....actually we live on Union Springs Road on the way up to flagpole....

Did you go up today or planning to go up tomorrow? If you need anything or slide off the ice into the trees, pm me :)

yep....actually we live on Union Springs Road on the way up to flagpole....

Did you go up today or planning to go up tomorrow? If you need anything or slide off the ice into the trees, pm me :)

We are headed up tomorrow. I'm meeting him at the sheetz on main at 10:00. Any interest in running it? Any idea on conditions? Do you think it will be bad with the ice? He's got a new Taco so I was trying to takingvtge easier way up. We are trying to decide if we take another track?

there may be a few icy patches since the road is on the north side of the mountain in some areas....

make sure you bring a shovel and a tow strap or two....you'll be fine.

I believe I have some pics of Felix back in the day at flagpole.

DSC00841.jpg

Felix at Flagpole.jpg

Last edited:
@Felix tearing $h!t up as usual! He's the man!

Didn't quite make it up. Not knowing the trail we got within about a mile and turned around. Originally started at the lake but it was pretty icy. Went up 924 after and got to a drift and turned around
IMG_1315.JPG

Bring chains next time. And me :)

Bring chains next time. And me :)
Chains would have been nice. We ended up heading for lower elevations. Ran Shoe Creek and Broad Run
IMG_2327.jpg
IMG_2463.jpg
IMG_2493.jpg
IMG_2432.JPG
IMG_2342.JPG

I believe I have some pics of Felix back in the day at flagpole.

Look at the FLEX!!!!!

That sure was a pretty truck before I got my hands on it. :doh:

Chains would have been nice. We ended up heading for lower elevations. Ran Shoe Creek and Broad Run

When you say "Shoe Creek" what do you mean? I thought they closed the Shoe Creek that I'm thinking of. It was down around Crabtree falls.

When you say "Shoe Creek" what do you mean? I thought they closed the Shoe Creek that I'm thinking of. It was down around Crabtree falls.

I believe that's the same one. Its my understanding from some of the trip reports that lower entrance off of 827 is open. It runs for about 2 miles before it hits a gate at private property. The upper trail off of 56 is also open and goes about 1.5 miles before it hits another gate on the north side of that same property. This is a pretty good write up Shoe Creek Trail Closure Exploratory Run | Capital Off Road Enthusiasts, Inc.

I believe that's the same one. Its my understanding from some of the trip reports that lower entrance off of 827 is open. It runs for about 2 miles before it hits a gate at private property. The upper trail off of 56 is also open and goes about 1.5 miles before it hits another gate on the north side of that same property. This is a pretty good write up Shoe Creek Trail Closure Exploratory Run | Capital Off Road Enthusiasts, Inc.

AAhh. Ok that sounds right. I didn't realize you could still run parts of the trail. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom