Fj80 cd player fix? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I drive an 82 fj40 right now but its looking like my brother may take it to college and i'll be given my moms 94 fj80 with lockers. i cant wait...problem is, being a teenage boy i want to have a nice stereo. the cd player in the 80 plain out sucks. its wotn read cd's at all and when it does it skips so bad. i have tried dozens of diferent cleaners and nothing. question is should i buy a used one on say ebay which i have seen go for about 150, buy a new one like a pioneer or jvc that supposedly fits or pay someone to try to fix the existing one. thanks.

Buy an aftermarket unit plus new speakers.

Another vote for a new head unit...

There is another thread going where I gave a vague description on what needs to be cleaned for that problem. But I'd still swap out the head unit, especially one with MP3 ability, better than a changer!

Buy a new deck, front and rear speakers, and a new woofer along with an amp. I myself have shot front speakers, a JL woofer, and a stock deck just like yours(but surprisingly it hasn't skipped for a long time and it sometimes plays CD-Rs).......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom