1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fj80 cd player fix?

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by Cruiserhead05, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Cruiserhead05

Cruiserhead05 SILVER Star

I drive an 82 fj40 right now but its looking like my brother may take it to college and i'll be given my moms 94 fj80 with lockers. i cant wait...problem is, being a teenage boy i want to have a nice stereo. the cd player in the 80 plain out sucks. its wotn read cd's at all and when it does it skips so bad. i have tried dozens of diferent cleaners and nothing. question is should i buy a used one on say ebay which i have seen go for about 150, buy a new one like a pioneer or jvc that supposedly fits or pay someone to try to fix the existing one. thanks.

2. cruiserman

cruiserman

Buy an aftermarket unit plus new speakers.

3. Rogue

Rogue

Another vote for a new head unit...

4. landtank

landtank SILVER Star

There is another thread going where I gave a vague description on what needs to be cleaned for that problem. But I'd still swap out the head unit, especially one with MP3 ability, better than a changer!

5. Hwn built

Hwn built

Buy a new deck, front and rear speakers, and a new woofer along with an amp. I myself have shot front speakers, a JL woofer, and a stock deck just like yours(but surprisingly it hasn't skipped for a long time and it sometimes plays CD-Rs).......