FJ80 1991 Brake Bleeding Sequence (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Everyone

I am going to be bleeding my brakes on 1991 Land Cruiser after replacing front brake calipers using the Power Bleeder. I just wanted to make sure my bleeding sequence is correct.

RR - LR - LSPV - FR - FL

I thought the LSPBV was last?

I read a bunch of info and forums I keep getting half saying its after rear brake and other half say its last to bleed.

My signature is right again! Thanks @NLXTACY

Actually, the FSM does say to bleed the LSPBV last:

rf1GMSG.jpg

5e20b8d890a8cdc928c842242bd79bab14f818b7b0761ed19207e7ca8dcfc369.jpg

Is the LSPV and BYPASSS VALVE separate things?

in the manual it say "BLEED LOAD SENSING PROPORTIONING AND BYPASS VALVE"

It is all one unit, just with two functions. Unless @NLXTACY wants to chime in

I would point out that for best results I would bleed in the prescribed order at least twice.

I would point out that for best results I would bleed in the prescribed order at least twice.

For ABS trucks folks should actuate the ABS unit then rebleed. Always trapped air in the ABS unit.

Reactions: ppc
When vacuum bleeding, you'd start closest bleeder to the master cylinder first. Does this logic apply to pressure bleeding also? Never used a pressure bleeder. :hmm:

I did over 500 brake jobs while I was working as a mechanic and the bleeding sequence never made any difference. As long as you bleed them all it is all good.
x2. The chances you're going to get all the air out of an automotive system using the bleeder screws, one at a time, is slim. As long as you get enough out so that the brakes function as designed, you're done. My guess is that the FSM specifies the LSPV last is that the fluid at the wheels is, from a safety perspective, most important. The LSPV is there for the enhancement of the "normal driving" experience. As many uses on this forum have noted, it can be removed and the braking system still functions.

@NLXTACY is correct, in a generic hydraulic system, the order should be from the source to the farthest point in the system. At least that's what I was taught when I was learning hydraulic design.

Prepare for it taking longer than you expected. I have 5 cars, and have raced for many years (which requires a lot of brake work) and my 91 FJ80 has always taken multiple bleeds to get a firm pedal.

Actually, the FSM does say to bleed the LSPBV last:

rf1GMSG.jpg
Bro, sorry for my ignorance but, where is the LSPBV

I know this is old, but where is the LSPV i need to flush the brake line, because i realized having DOT 5 for 2 years, and i just found out that is not meant to be used on an 80, so i need to flush all of the dot 5, and replace with DOT 4 Synthetic - I think synthetic will be more compatible with silicone DOT 5, so i have to bleed the whole system 4 brakes, the LSPV and the MC.

If any one knows where is the LSPBV or something more i need to do, to fully flush The DOT 5 OR if you know if DOT 5 can be use on a LX450 gasoline from 1996

your thoughts are really aprecciated

Hi, I bleed the 4 brakes only, never had a problem. Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom