For Sale Fj62 transfer case 1988 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiserjunktion

Cruiserjunktion@gmail.com
GOLD Star
Threads
F4503EA9-0E7F-44BA-A7B6-296D0E35B86F.jpeg
image.jpg
Good used 38mm vac controlled transfer case from a 88 Fj62. 210k. Ships from 32609. Case must be disassembled for removal/ shipping.

$350. Buyer pays actual ups shipping or can provide a shipping label.

Hi i have a 91 fj80. Will this bolt up?
I understand drive shafts may need to be shortened but will a a440 bolt up to this 88 fj62 transfer case? From what I digg up from reading though this forum I think it would but someone knows on here for sure.

This in my 287k tired 27 year old fj80 would be a great start to all the upgrades I want to do.

Then the next question would be does anyone have a h55 5 speed manual for a good price.

And does that bolt up to the 3fe? I think it does as long as it has the right size output shaft. Someone knows

Hi i have a 91 fj80. Will this bolt up?
I understand drive shafts may need to be shortened but will a a440 bolt up to this 88 fj62 transfer case? From what I digg up from reading though this forum I think it would but someone knows on here for sure.

This in my 287k tired 27 year old fj80 would be a great start to all the upgrades I want to do.

Then the next question would be does anyone have a h55 5 speed manual for a good price.

And does that bolt up to the 3fe? I think it does as long as it has the right size output shaft. Someone knows

The H55F will work with a 3FE but requires a bellhousing, clutch, flywheel and other parts.

It is my understanding the A440F has differences in the back for the part time transfer case and full time 4WD. At the very least some things on the transmission would need to be changed out.

The H55F will work with a 3FE but requires a bellhousing, clutch, flywheel and other parts.

It is my understanding the A440F has differences in the back for the part time transfer case and full time 4WD. At the very least some things on the transmission would need to be changed out.
Got ya. That makes sense. Still doable though

Got ya. That makes sense. Still doable though

I do know the H55F will bolt to the 3FE with the right parts. Some mods are needed. The rear engine crossmember is different and needs to be addressed. Not sure what manual transmission the 80 series got in 91/92. I know later used a different five speed and transfer case. On the 62 series the rear crossmember will need to be address since it is different on a manual transmission.

The split transfer case needs to be broken down to pull it from the transmission. The full time 4WD transfer case come off complete. I've heard that the back are different for this reason. Since I only have eighties split transfer case and none from a 91/92 I've never done a parts comparison. I would suggest doing a search in the 80 series of those who install a H55F into a 80 series to get a good idea what is all involved. I know the A440F is not a electronic shift so might not need a different ECU. I know I've seen a 80 series ECU for sale that works with a manual transmission. May not be needed in a 91/92 but another thing I would research. Always nice to have a few unexpected expenses when doing a mod.

Not sure what the 91 got for a manual either. The ausy guys probably know. But the 88 fj62 switched from the 4 speed manual to the h55 five speed right? And the fj62 have the 3fe right?

Also, I heard the 4 speed can be modded into a 5 speed. This might be the easiest option if the h55 wasn't in the fj62.

Yeah, I'm going to try and stay away from ecu's if at all possible. 😉

Still got this tcase, Deo?

Definitely interested, Please call me on my cell @949-842-9278, or the shop 949-496-1211 PST (So cal)
Thank you, Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom