Fj62 Rear Shoulder Belts in FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And do you have measurement to the hole so I can search with a pin?

Cam where did you source all the parts?

I picked them up in the parting section a few years ago.

And do you have measurement to the hole so I can search with a pin?

It is the same height as the front belts. You should be able to feel the hole under the fabric.

image.jpg

Finished side:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looking good!

Hey guys,

It is great to have pioneers on here showing the rest of us the way. I am hoping to get my 5-year old twins back there for some trail riding so I will be doing something similar.

Thanks a ton for making this easier.

excellent write up - thanks for posting this!

FYI/for reference my May 1985 FJ60 has the threaded nut up on the c - pillar behind the headliner material…..Same as shown in post #20

Hey Cam!
I was looking at your thread regarding the rear seatbelt conversion...I had a question as to what this section was made out of (the trim cover)...or is it a trim piece from a 62?? I did not see how you created it and was looking to do the same with my 85 FJ60...any help would be great!

image 2.jpg

old thread but thought I'd ask a related question. I just pulled some parts from a couple fj62s at the wrecker. yes they are definitely both 62s but neither had rear shoulder belts. both were just lap belts and all the trim and inner pannels were what I've seen in the 60s. I've not heard of a 62 before without shoulder belts. was this an option and not standard equipment? I'm in Canada so options may vary from country to country but I thought all 62s had shoulder belts

I've just been told that the late 87 and early 88s had lap belts. chime in if there is any other info on this please

lol you're answering my question twice!!! I posted my question here before I contacted you but you definitely seem to have the answer. as always thanks. it's too bad the trucks I found won't work for you.

can anyone shed light on what this part is - or where it comes from?
upload_2018-5-24_21-31-15.png

i want to install shoulder belts in the back of my 62 - is this a factory toyota part from later year 62's that someone parted out?

View attachment 1708413
i want to install shoulder belts in the back of my 62 - is this a factory toyota part from later year 62's that someone parted out?

yes it is. Be patient and search. One will come up

View attachment 1708413
Did you ever find a pair of these trim pieces? I have an 88 and am looking for these and the top trim pieces with the cavity for the seatbelt. The joys of having an 88

Did you ever find a pair of these trim pieces? I have an 88 and am looking for these and the top trim pieces with the cavity for the seatbelt. The joys of having an 88

i did find all the parts needed to put shoulder belts in. Someone in Oregon was parting out a very well wrecked 1990 FJ62 with brown interior and I grabbed several parts & pieces. couldn't believe my good fortune that they came available - and that they were within driving distance of my house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom