Builds FJ62 Overland Build on a Budget (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What kind of springs? Shouldn’t be that stiff!
They were they were Iron Man Springs I'm not sure if there's a weight difference between the 60 and the 62 whether there was a mistake in the springs but it sucks driving that thing for about 6 months maybe a year. They're also very expensive and I think in this day in age financially doesn't make sense to have a truck with leaf springs if they're going to fail in a few years.

They were they were Iron Man Springs I'm not sure if there's a weight difference between the 60 and the 62 whether there was a mistake in the springs but it sucks driving that thing for about 6 months maybe a year. They're also very expensive and I think in this day in age financially doesn't make sense to have a truck with leaf springs if they're going to fail in a few years.
Did you get the ‘Performance Load’, ‘Comfort Load’ or ‘Constant Load’ springs?

Did you get the ‘Performance Load’, ‘Comfort Load’ or ‘Constant Load’ springs?
Sorry I'm laughing too hard. No I got the " oh s***" load when drove into and over a pot hole and the rise launched me and my wife to the roof. Thankfully we had our seat belts on. To give you an idea about if you want us after the Springs were installed a friend asked me to come over he wants me to help him pick up some cement from a Home Depot. Total weight 800 pounds. Stuck in the back of the vehicle. When fully loaded with that weight the body about the truck dropped 2in closer to the ground.

Sorry I'm laughing too hard. No I got the " oh s***" load when drove into and over a pot hole and the rise launched me and my wife to the roof. Thankfully we had our seat belts on. To give you an idea about if you want us after the Springs were installed a friend asked me to come over he wants me to help him pick up some cement from a Home Depot. Total weight 800 pounds. Stuck in the back of the vehicle. When fully loaded with that weight the body about the truck dropped 2in closer to the ground.

Was it a lot more comfortable to ride in with weight in the back? What shocks are you using with the springs?

This should probably be its own thread instead of hijacking @NomadEffect’s build thread. :)

Was it a lot more comfortable to ride in with weight in the back? What shocks are you using with the springs?

This should probably be its own thread instead of hijacking @NomadEffect’s build thread. :)
Its okay ... I wonder if I should even own the truck. It was good but now, it needs to probably be sold. It needs to much work to save.

So this is probably the most real video I've made. I didn't cut out any of my mistakes and there were many.
For anyone looking to add Barn Doors/Ambulance Doors to their US spec FJ62, it is for sure doable without a ton of bodywork experience but it's not a quick job at all.

Nice progress! I always look forward to your videos. Can't wait to see your finished truck!

Thanks so much for the awesome feedback.

So this is for sure a true representation of how my days actually go working on the car. And yes I really am so annoyed at the end of the video.

Happy New Year everyone!! Hoping everyone got to hit the road in their prospective LandCruisers.

We had a bit of time off working on the car over the holidays but we're now back in full swing.

I've seen a lot of discussions about using Monstaliner and other Bedliners on here. Here is our 1st thoughts on the product. Overall good, just hard for people that have never used this sort of product:

Did you guys ever post a video of re-installing your windshield?
Not yet! I’m finishing off the barn door install now, then paint, then reassembly which will include the windscreen.
I’ll make sure I go into as much detail as I can on the windscreen and show all our mistakes etc.
We bought a new seal for the windscreen without the chrome mounding.
We have also removed the rear quarter windows and the barn door windows. So I might try and tackle all that together.

Hey All,

Clearly we didn't get back to working on the Cruiser in March for a multitude of reasons which we've done our best to throw into the following vid.

Just an FYI there are NO LandCruiser how-to's or actual working on trucks in this video. I don't normally post these vids on here but we've had so many people reach out to see if we're ok which has honestly been a huge surprise and reinforces my faith in humanity.

More Cruiser vids coming soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom