FJ62 Emissions Decal photo request (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bump....still missing photo of 1990 California Emissions sticker (need dimensions in mm). 1988 and 1989 sticker sheets are now available for $45 (7 available).

61D88B29-C82F-4DA9-B5E1-41BBDBF42FA2.jpeg

Only photo I have of a 1990 California

Only photo I have of a 1990 California
Thank you @88red . I didn't expect a BAR CODE, so that will be a bit of a challenge. I'm still unsure of the dimensions, but I can mock-it up with this photo and go to print after I can confirm the size.

I used a bar code app on my phone to read the barcode from the picture in the post above. I put that result into a free barcode generator selecting the "code 39" type barcode. You can get the barcode as a JPG, EPS or SVG file. Not sure what program you are using for the label, but it's pretty easy to stretch a JPG

1623246402277.png

1623246620830.png

I used a bar code app on my phone to read the barcode from the picture in the post above. I put that result into a free barcode generator selecting the "code 39" type barcode. You can get the barcode as a JPG, EPS or SVG file. Not sure what program you are using for the label, but it's pretty easy to stretch a JPG
Well...how cool is that!! I'm just using PowerPoint to tediously recreate each of the stickers and it will be easy to insert this bar code image. That said, I had purposely used an off-white background color to "age" the sticker somewhat, so the bright white of the barcode might contrast. I might be able to make the white transparent to solve this problem...regardless, I've learned yet another helpful bit of info from a MUD member. Thanks

sorry for being a nerd. Google search revealed there are barcode generator add ins for powerpoint. Or using a program like windows paint, you can easily change the background color from white to what ever (custom color?). select the current back ground as color 1, and the new background as color 2. Select the paint can, then right click somewhere on the background. It will change the color 1 (white) to what ever you use as color 2.

1623247904354.png

sorry for being a nerd.
No apologies necessary...this is a nerd safe space. Here is my version using your bar code image with the white set to transparent in .ppt. I considered re-doing the bar-code line work since the fine lines in the original are finer relative to the fat lines...but, that's one of just many differences. I'm going to call it 'good enough".

Now, if I can only confirm the exact dimensions and find members willing to buy a full set of 1990 FJ62 stickers, it can go to print.

Thanks for your help.

1990_CAL_EMISSIONS.jpg

Last edited:
for those who find the updated MULTI LANGUSAGE Washer Bottle Decal Passe"

and

The Outdated Coolant Over Flow Reserve one needs a Re-Fresh too UPDATES are here !

- Original WASHER decal

- NEW NON-NON USA SAUDI SPEC. LARGER and well KOOLER Coolant Decal Caution .........

1623928466758.png

1623928497775.png

1623928532954.png

1623928544454.png

1623928571159.png

1623928595170.png

No apologies necessary...this is a nerd safe space. Here is my version using your bar code image with the white set to transparent in .ppt. I considered re-doing the bar-code line work since the fine lines in the original are finer relative to the fat lines...but, that's one of just many differences. I'm going to call it 'good enough".

Now, if I can only confirm the exact dimensions and find members willing to buy a full set of 1990 FJ62 stickers, it can go to print.

Thanks for your help.

View attachment 2698872
I no longer have the sticker but from what I recall it was the same size as the 88. I’d be in for a full set 90cali emissions. I need two other sets but need to confirm years

Hi @88red ... I've decided the best way is to print an almost full set of decals for the model year, so the emission's sticker comes with all of the others in the engine bay, plus a few more, for the particular FJ62 model year. A full set will cost you $45. Just PM me your address and let me know the year for the sticker sheet.

At the moment though, I haven't confirmed the Emission's sticker dimensions for the 1990 model year. I also think it is the same as the earlier years, but I need to confirm this before I send them to print.

Thanks, as always, to @ToyotaMatt for sending images of some of his overflow and washer bottle decals along with dimensions. I don't have the cool looking non-USA spec decal for the overflow bottle...just can't do everything.

I have a CA 1990 FJ62. I'll get my calipers and take pics and measurements this weekend, and post it up. Also sent you a mail msg.

Thanks...I should get the 1988 and 1989 sticker sheets in the next couple of days. I'll send a few out to those that pre-bought and if they are as good as I hope then the 1990 version is a real possibility. I appreciate the help.

posted with permission of thread starter :

i have some KILLER top shelf ARRCO Auto Body Decals for those late fj60's and 62's final assy there , and NOT ARAKAWA AUTO BODY ....

LINK :

SUPER HEAVY DUTY CHROME FOIL BASED , way thicker them OEM .....

ONLY TOP SHELF !

1624143541489.png

1624143415564.png

Hi Matt...nice decals. The aluminum foil versions are the real deal and what the purist wants.

Hi Matt...nice decals. The aluminum foil versions are the real deal and what the purist wants.

thats the only way i roll ,

over engineer the OEM original to out last the ravages of age and time :cool:

That's a nice looking rig @umman manda. Was your FJ62 originally sold in California? FYI, my sticker sheet comes with both the Fed and California Emissions stickers, but I have an earlier Federal Emissions sticker version for the 1988 that I'll send to you for $5 if that is all you need.

That's a nice looking rig @umman manda. Was your FJ62 originally sold in California? FYI, my sticker sheet comes with both the Fed and California Emissions stickers, but I have an earlier Federal Emissions sticker version for the 1988 that I'll send to you for $5 if that is all you need.
@WoodnotRust yea my FJ62 was originally bought in CA and I brought her back out here about 8 years ago. So looking for the combo sticker. The photo in my profile is my HJ61 which I got about a year ago. She’s a work in progress, but looks the part! Haha

Bump....still missing photo of 1990 California Emissions sticker (need dimensions in mm). 1988 and 1989 sticker sheets are now available for $45 (7 available).
Anyone interested in sprucing up the engine bay in your FJ62?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom