Request for images / wire trace (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good evening guys! I am so close to finishing my factory A/C install in my non AC 83 60. New hoses are being made as we speak!

I could use some help identifying the location of some wires.

There are two wire bundles that come out of the firewall next to the evaporator. One wire goes to the A/C compressor. I need help finding where the second (two wires) wire runs to.

If anyone can help me out I’d appreciate it. Pictures would also be very helpful.

Thanks!

Jeff

I don’t have a diagram for you, but if you’re referring to A/C wiring on the engine side of the firewall the additional wires probably go to a low pressure switch attached to a low pressure hose.

Maybe this will help

1710603999835.png

Looking at the above circuit, a black with white stripe wire goes to the magnetic clutch #10 in the image and would be on the compressor. And blue with black stripe and yellow with green stripe wires go to a VSV or vacuum switching valve #8 in the image. The VSV looks like this:
1710604752413.png

and is on the drivers side fender well. There are 2 vsv's but you prob could id by the wire colors going to them.

the other wires are W/B goes to ground, and a black wire goes to coil

Last edited:
Is the VSV necessary for the AC system to function? Wires are Blu/Blk Yell/Green.

I have a non ac 60 so I don’t have a VSV. I am using a sniper so I’m not worried about idle up.

If it is required can I bypass it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom