FJ62 build, 38's with no lift, etc (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you groove a really funky patern into your driver's side rear tire, or is that just the camera making it look funky?

Did you groove a really funky patern into your driver's side rear tire, or is that just the camera making it look funky?

Yes. Lots of work, but the traction on the sloppy east coast trails is amazing!

Only pic I got so far Joel. :flipoff2:

Kristyn has the camera at her bridal shower.
BOB62.jpg

Yes. Lots of work, but the traction on the sloppy east coast trails is amazing!

I can't see the pic! I just picked up a set of 36" TSLs for my unlifted(and soon to be hacked to pieces) 60. They could use some grooving, and I would love to check out your East Coast conquering pattern.

I can't see the pic! I just picked up a set of 36" TSLs for my unlifted(and soon to be hacked to pieces) 60. They could use some grooving, and I would love to check out your East Coast conquering pattern.

Its working for me? How about now...
DSC00066.jpg

That second pic is coming in loud and clear. I cannot imagine how long that would take with the standard width blade that comes with most groovers. From the pic, that looks like what you were using. It sure looks like it would hook up really well.

Looking great so far, need to get it bobbed asap.

Were those tyres left laying around from a yellow first gen hilux?

Shane

THAT BETTER BE JUST THE START CAUSE DAT AINT ENOUGH:steer:

Yes Sir. The black spraypaint line on the floor is the next cut. 16 inches coming out. Where did I get THAT #? :hmm: Should be finished this week. :beer:

That second pic is coming in loud and clear. I cannot imagine how long that would take with the standard width blade that comes with most groovers. From the pic, that looks like what you were using. It sure looks like it would hook up really well.

I bought a wider blade but still rediculous. I have some Ideas up my sleeve for the front two soon as it gets warmer.

That is a good friend of mine, they were on loan to him since I parted the rig they came off of. They were on my Sammi with Yota axles, but i couldnt keep transfer cases in it, or keep it right side up to save my life. Here is some video evidence:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIeuKFiPrEc

Last edited:
That is a good friend of mine, they were on loan to him since I parted the rig they came off of. They were on my Sammi with Yota axles, but i couldnt keep transfer cases in it, or keep it right side up to save my life. Here is some video evidence:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nIeuKFiPrEc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nIeuKFiPrEc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

nice ...

Nothing new yet. Been too busy to mess with it. Took my FJ80 out Sat, and layed it on its side again in a sweet washout. Sorry, no pics.:frown: So I've been cleaning it up and a little damage control. Look for body damage pics in the 80 section soon. Might get back at the 62 tonight, we'll see.

.... Took my FJ80 out Sat, and layed it on its side again in a sweet washout......

NICE you said again :lol: ... thats why you built the 62 to save the 80

Small update. (Actually kinda huge for me) I got approval from my financial advisor (fiance') to spend $400 of my tax return on toob for the cage.:bounce::bounce2:

Bad news is I just got the stupid gas tank out, but I broke the fuel line coming out of the sending unit. I put my line wrenches on the fittings pulled on them, and twisted the smaller line right in two.

I hate rust!!:mad:

Surfing the web (and drinking beer:beer:) for a sending unit now.

I have a spare 89 FJ62 sending unit in California. pm me if you can't find one closer.

I have a spare 89 FJ62 sending unit in California. pm me if you can't find one closer.

I may get called a butcher here, but... I have a very good friend who is Lexus Master Tech. He says, this EFI system (he thinks) only puts out like 20 Psi, and a flared end line (i can do) and soft line with hose clamps will work. So I am gonna go with this trail-fix style and see what happens. :popcorn:

and thanks I will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom