FJ62 build, 38's with no lift, etc (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very cool! Dont know if I could cut out that much good steel but lots of room. Does the rubber touch turned and articulated?

Yah, that helps. Did the trimming of the inner fender impact the mounting of anything in the engine bay?

No.

I did forget to mention the 2" spacers and 2.5" bksp wheels. We cut just before the inner/outer fender line on the top, cut slits in the outer part like everbody does, and just hammered them up. I have not flexed it much yet, but I am very sure it will hit the factory bumpstop before the tires hit anything else. I drove it to Vato-Zone yesterday with no rubbing.

Very nice. I always wondered why very few people chopped their front fenders out. I have been so close to cutting my fronts out several times but I always chicken out. Maybe this will finally push me over the edge. Thanks for sharing.

Brian

Only two lug nuts per wheel for Nascar-quick tire rotations! Sweet!

Yes sir. I only have two nuts, didnt want to make my rig jealous.:beer:

Started measuring for the bob tonight. The frame is HURT behind the arches, so we gotta do it anyway. Cage is next too. Holy cow steel got expensive! You still @ 4WP? I heard you were a cool cat, I worked at #54 for 6.5 years. David Powell still stays @ my house when he comes up sometimes.

yup 10 yrs with 3 off in the midle to open my own shop:bang: let me know if you need any thing ... I would still do a cheapo SOA you'll love the flex and then you can go bigger on the tires :hmm:

link to all my pics Texas4x4.org Member Galleries :: Kool Arrow let me know if you have question ... and ck out meataltechs cage it was almost cheaper that buyin the tube when I did it and trust me it takes one hell of a hit :steer: I moved mine up till the cross members touch only hit it in real hard stff ... like maybe 3 times for times each side so you dont reall need to do all the extra work to go any farther

Picture_004.sized.jpg

soa with 1 in to the bump stop rubbed like 3 in int the fender on the rti

fender_choppin_002.sized.jpg

so I trimed like this

pajojo_006.sized.jpg

and got good clearance on the fork lift ..... but also have 38.5 1450 on 15x12 2.5 back but I still think some more lift would help you ... and chop those poor rocks ... they look so said all smashed like that :lol:

but I love the cheep truck job you've done hope to wheel with you some day

It will rub somethin fierce in the front unless you cut more.

Last edited:
I love to see a rotted out cruiser come back to life in the form of a badass rock rig. Excellent work.

I would still do a cheapo SOA you'll love the flex and then you can go bigger on the tires :hmm:

Not out of the question, but I really like how low it is. What is your ground to bottom of frame meas. under drivers door?

and ck out meataltechs cage it was almost cheaper that buyin the tube when I did it and trust me it takes one hell of a hit :steer:

I dont see a 60/62 cage on his site?

I moved mine up till the cross members touch only hit it in real hard stff ... like maybe 3 times for times each side so you dont reall need to do all the extra work to go any farther[/quote]

Might hit you up for some pointers soon.

I would still do a cheapo SOA you'll love the flex and then you can go bigger on the tires :hmm:

Not out of the question, but I really like how low it is. What is your ground to bottom of frame meas. under drivers door?

and ck out meataltechs cage it was almost cheaper that buyin the tube when I did it and trust me it takes one hell of a hit :steer:

I dont see a 60/62 cage on his site?

I moved mine up till the cross members touch only hit it in real hard stff ... like maybe 3 times for times each side so you dont reall need to do all the extra work to go any farther

Might hit you up for some pointers soon.[/QUOTE]

DONT KNOW i WILL CK TONIGHT

CALL EM THAT GOT IT ITS JUST NOT ON THE SITE ....ANY TIME

[/color]

Might hit you up for some pointers soon.

DONT KNOW i WILL CK TONIGHT

CALL EM THAT GOT IT ITS JUST NOT ON THE SITE ....ANY TIME[/quote]

Thanks. Will do.

Got some goodies in the mail. More coming very soon....

Sick build. Making me want to do more to mine.

How much did the top weigh after you cut it off? I am thinking of doing that to drop some weight in the rear.

Not sure. Heavy. 200lbs. maybe?

I do know with the doors/upper tailgate/glass/etc. it lost ALOT. It pulled the 38's waaaay better on the trip to the store than I thought it would.

Debating on gearing options now. Looks like a manual swap is gonna be the best option. The Auto only has 161k, anyone need one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom