FJ62 build, 38's with no lift, etc (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pic of current tow rig for the 62/DD. The 80 towed exceptionally well. Mountians may not be fun, we will see. A diesel (Cummins 12v manual trans) tow rig is in the somewhat distant future, after the wedding. Will def. keep the Toyotas though.
80 with 62 on trailer.jpg

COOL pic.... need the 6BT 5sp in that 80 :steer:

Good eye, its from an FJ40. I got the drivesahft end too, so i'll use that for now, and swap locker over when I re-gear.

The swampers hook! East coast style. Lot of work though. Only done 2 so far.:wrench:

Thanks!

that what I did in the front of my brown one :steer: but keep the other parts a trail spares cause the corse spines like to pop :hillbilly:

flip those rear springs around... might get ya a couple more inches back away from the door. Lookin good.

hmmm.. :hmm: I gotta get the rear dshaft retubed (thick) anyway.

So, back to gearing options...

I have been convinced that a manual behind the 3FE is f'n sweet.

So, I loved the SM420 in my fJ40, and I am thinking that is the route I wanna go with this one. Been searching for a day and a half, and it looks like I will need:

Pedal assy
Clutch master
Clutch slave/lines
F bellhousing with motor mount &mount for slave
2F Flywheel/clutch/clutch fork/release bearing?
Chevy disc 11"??? 10spline
Funky? pilot bearing
SM420
Adapter
3spd case?
Shifter linkage fabbed
driveshafts (need them now anyway)

I have done a manual from auto trans swap in my Corolla, and it was serious gravy, Anything thats gonna kick me in the nuts?

What am I forgetting?

You're build is inspiring. I look forward to watching the progress of your vehicle.

Right?! How sweet would that be!:beer:

Dammit, Joel! Dont get me started dreaming...:hmm:

no worrys its my job .... now if I can get all the parts guy to pay me :lol:

So, back to gearing options...
What am I forgetting?

that looks like all the big stuff also you could use a split case outa a 60 cause there stronger I forgot to tell you on the phone I've broke 2 nose cones and one 3spd case but if your like me you'll use up all your spare then up grade :steer: for all the other stuff buy cheap used 60 the part it out pm me on Thur and I'll ck up on the pilot bushing

Scored this on a sweet trade.
080.jpg

Some more goodies..

( I already hear the purists crying...)

Did some driveway flexin. Trimming looks OK so far....

Real world wheeling will tell. Will prob at least need longer bumpstops.
083.jpg
082.jpg

Overall stance with both sets of shackles installed and all the scap out of the back.
084.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom