fj62 a440f a/t oil temp always on (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pacer

Keystone Cruiser
GOLD Star
Threads
Long time listener, first time caller here, thanks in advance for any help that remedies the issue we're having.

Just rolled 200k on the odometer of our `89 and have done the maintenance needed.....
Trans filter and fluid, followed up with a Rodney flush plus much much more.

Took the family on a trip from Philly to North Beach, OBX. An awesome trip all in all; family got along, truck did well, never even had to open the tool box.:)

We managed about 16mpg fully loaded, dogs, kiddos, wife, coolers, tools, spares and all....

At some point while driving the beach my A/T oil temp light came on. I have seen it before and it has worked properly in the past, but this time it stayed on.

The light is on all the time now. Comes on with the ignition, even when the truck is stone cold, and stays on till I shut her down...

Fluid level is good, fluid smells and looks fresh, it is only a couple thousand miles old.

I HAVE searched, thats what I do here, and can find nothing so I'm reaching out to y'all.

Sensor unplugged?

-amc

TPIWw/oP
IMAG0601.jpg
IMAG0552.jpg

Did you drive on the wet part of the beach or in the water at all. Salt water wreaks havoc on electronics.

:eek: Maybe I drove in the watter..... just a little bit.... couldn't help myself...

Thanks for the reply WN.

I have a date with the pressure washer this evening, so I'll take a look for the sensor connector when I get under there.

Cheers.
-amc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom