FJ62, 2-3" lift. What is better, OME or Ironman? Any thoughts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Need leafs?

Screenshot_20210310-184016.png

Screenshot_20210310-184011.png

Screenshot_20210310-184004.png

They look great to me, arch is still good, shackle angle might be not ideal though and I might be missing something?

They actually look a lot like my OME 2.5 inch lift springs. though they still have the factory spring hugging ubolt saddle.

* factory spring rusting ubolt saddle

You might want to check that the factory rubber bump stops don’t need to be lowered so you don’t ruin those nice new shocks by bottoming them out. I found mine needed to be lowered but my shocks are different.

They could use a good soaking in oil to free them up and keep them from rusting.

They look great to me, arch is still good, shackle angle might be not ideal though and I might be missing something?

They actually look a lot like my OME 2.5 inch lift springs. though they still have the factory spring hugging ubolt saddle.

* factory spring rusting ubolt saddle

You might want to check that the factory rubber bump stops don’t need to be lowered so you don’t ruin those nice new shocks by bottoming them out. I found mine needed to be lowered but my shocks are different.
1615420659606.png

appreciate ya... thanks. is this pic of the C channels more clear? Do they look better in this pic lolol...plzzzzzzzzzzzzz

71FE7FE3-C53A-4CB8-96AA-D0C00AB7F64C.jpeg

I turned on the lights for ya.

Your outer frame looks nice and solid. Lots of life left. If I remember right you live up in the mountains and drive some rough roads? Snow, mud? If you drive salted roads at all that inner channel could take out the frame outer channel in a couple years as a daily driver.

Also the belly of the frame, where the front hanger of the rear spring connects. It slowly fills up with wet mud, sand and gravel and won’t be far behind rusting the inner channel piece. It should be washed out yearly by driving up a steep slope and ramming a garden hose or pressure washer down the inside of the boxed part of the frame.

Here in Canada used oil sprayed all over the inside and outside of everything Exxon Valdez style will help prevent more rust in all those channel joints you can’t paint. If you do, spray it down in the summer so the dust cakes to the oil and water will bead off all winter. Just don’t get a white dog that likes to sleep under the truck. Oh and if you work on anything under there you will look like you were capping bombed oil wells in Kuwait!

Some guys swear by a more environmentally sound option I think called fluid film? I don’t know haven’t tried it.

wow..thats vool....still no clue what im looking at lol

You are right, it isn't a LR tank. Someone built a custom plate that covers your spare tire keeper. You can take it and that cross member out when you put on your new TT bumper. It would ideally be the right time to do the C-channels. You are in so deep with everything, another $1400 or so for a LR tank would be the bee's knees. The weight of that and swingouts w/tire would change the rate you will need for springs. I wouldn't be happy with your rear shackle angle. Maybe you can just replace the rear springs for longer OME's?

I got my OME CS004 springs recently. Are the plastic pieces on the spring retainer for shipping only?

A few of them were completely cracked off in shipping.
912E6B72-DD20-45D2-8AD9-18C5C7F58D26.jpeg

I got my OME CS004 springs recently. Are the plastic pieces on the spring retainer for shipping only?

A few of them were completely cracked off in shipping.
View attachment 2611920

If they came from us (Cruiser Outfitters), send us an email with your invoice number and the amount of damaged clip liners and we'll send you a pack. They do get beat up in shipping and they are a wear item but you don't want to disregard them for long periods.

Dobinsons.
Update on my Dobinsons' suspension.

Originally installed in September 2019. I took it in to get it a little higher in the rear (rake) because I am towing a small camper trailer with in. It squatted in the rear and leaned left from the day I picked it up and got steadily worse.

Jan. 2020, the shop hear in Atlanta replaced 3 of the 4 springs to get it level, but had to put shorter shackles in the front to achieve even that. They never could give me any rake.

Today, 1 Sep. 2021, not a lot of miles later, the squat and the lean are back. It's about 1.5" lower in the driver's side rear than in the passenger side front (measured from the fender lip to the ground through the center of the wheel.

If I take it back to the shop, the best I will get is another set of springs from Dobinsons. That's just not going to cut it. I'll be ordering from Kurt as soon as I save up a little spring money.

Lesson learned. Make sure you know what you're getting. I went to a very reputable shop that installed OME springs in the past. And I assumed I was getting OME springs, but I didn't confirm it. My mistake. Won't happen again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom