FJ62, 2-3" lift. What is better, OME or Ironman? Any thoughts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like my OME heavy suspension. Much better than the worn out stock susp. Can't compare to others tho. Cruiser Outfitters are very knowledgeable and can get you exactly what you need...all the parts and answer any technical questions you have or run into with the install.

Last edited:
We would love to help with your 60 Series suspension @ Cruiser Outfitters. We stock the full Old Man Emu systems as well as options from Dobinsons and Bilstein too. We stock the full range of components and can set you up with a kit dialed to your exact needs. We've sold and installed thousands of suspensions on 60's over the last 30 years. Give us a shout @ the shop if we can be of help! info@cruiseroutfitters.com - 801-563-1277

We would love to help with your 60 Series suspension @ Cruiser Outfitters. We stock the full Old Man Emu systems as well as options from Dobinsons and Bilstein too. We stock the full range of components and can set you up with a kit dialed to your exact needs. We've sold and installed thousands of suspensions on 60's over the last 30 years. Give us a shout @ the shop if we can be of help! info@cruiseroutfitters.com - 801-563-1277
You guys offer a MUD discount???

You guys offer a MUD discount???

Nothing formal as 95% of our DIY customers are on Mud or part of a FB Land Cruiser community. We do make every effort to hook up all our customers and include more parts with our kits than anyone out there.

Nothing formal as 95% of our DIY customers are on Mud or part of a FB Land Cruiser community. We do make every effort to hook up all our customers and include more parts with our kits than anyone out there.
I was very happy with the knuckle rebuild kit i grabbed from you guys. And the customer service was 5 star!!

Money is a lil tight...im def getting leafs + kit...just trying to find best bang for the buck!!

Check out our "Budget" kits, all the same contents just some high quality aftermarket parts that we've had GREAT! results from over the decades. I run the budget stuff on my own HJ61

1613615364937.png

1613615392037.png

Check out our "Budget" kits, all the same contents just some high quality aftermarket parts that we've had GREAT! results from over the decades. I run the budget stuff on my own HJ61

View attachment 2588516

View attachment 2588519
What are thos hangin on your rig? And why dsnt my rig habe those

View attachment 2588516

View attachment 2588519
Whats are those hanging...sway bars of some sort? Is it bad mine dsnt have those?

20210218_084552~2.jpg

1613656344960.png

What are thos hangin on your rig? And why dsnt my rig habe those

Whats are those hanging...sway bars of some sort? Is it bad mine dsnt have those?

View attachment 2588741

Those are our extended sway bar links. Only late model 6x’s had the rear sway bar in the US.

Those are our extended sway bar links. Only late model 6x’s had the rear sway bar in the US.
they make any noticeable difference? Ive just realized my current shackles are installed wrong...been like that as long as ive owned my rig. would switching to the "proper" angle make any difference? thanks

they make any noticeable difference? Ive just realized my current shackles are installed wrong...been like that as long as ive owned my rig. would switching to the "proper" angle make any difference? thanks

The rear sway can certainly help on heavy Cruisers.

Can you share a pic of your shackles so I can see what you’re working with?

I’m not understanding what you want to flip to get a better angle. Those look like standard angles of a hanging shackle.

I’m not understanding what you want to flip to get a better angle. Those look like standard angles of a hanging shackle.
I thought they are suppose to angle out...mine angle in like the 1st pic...no?

Screenshot_20210218-111621.png

I thought they are suppose to angle out...
Yours angle "out" where as mine angle "in"....

Screenshot_20210218-111947.png

Ah yes, but mine is on the ground. As the suspension and weight of the vehicle settl,e the shackles move back. Your axles appears to be hanging in the air and thus sour angles don't look incorrect. Either way there's nothing you can flip to quickly solve that. If your angles are incorrect, you have the wrong leaf springs installed.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok...so maybe on ground they look different/correct...gotchya. ill ck
Ah yes, but mine is on the ground. As the suspension and weight of the vehicle settl,e the shackles move back. Your axles appears to be hanging in the air and thus sour angles don't look incorrect. Either way there's nothing you can flip to quickly solve that. If your angles are incorrect, you have the wrong leaf springs installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom