Fj60 roll cage options? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has or does anyone make a roll cage or at least a back hoop interior cage for a FJ60? Don’t want to do exo cage but want some added roll over protection for the kids and I.

If your going to run a roll cage inside of your vehicle you need to where proper saftey equipment as well not just a seat belt something that holds you in the seat and doesn't allow for your body to move. A helmet is ideal. You can get knocked out fairly easy by a blow to the side of your head by roll cage tubing not only is that nad for ya head but you could loos control over you vehicle after getting knocked out. I completely understand wanting one for roll over protection bit also comes with it's own problems.

Agreed there are pros and cons. All good points

If your going to run a roll cage inside of your vehicle you need to where proper saftey equipment as well not just a seat belt something that holds you in the seat and doesn't allow for your body to move. A helmet is ideal. You can get knocked out fairly easy by a blow to the side of your head by roll cage tubing not only is that nad for ya head but you could loos control over you vehicle after getting knocked out. I completely understand wanting one for roll over protection bit also comes with it's own problems.
This^^ As someone who used to build cages for Porsche race cars, I'd get this question from folks all the time who wanted one to make their car "safer" on the street. This is not a way to do it unless you plan on wearing a helmet, along with getting proper roll bar padding and harnesses for all. By proper roll bar padding I mean the stuff that has an FIA rating which is hard and not the stuff that feels like a pool noodle. I admire your concern for making a car safe for you and the family but these trucks are pretty stout on their own. Obviously anything can happen but a roll cage can actually inflict more harm than help in certain situations.

Cheers, James

Has or does anyone make a roll cage or at least a back hoop interior cage for a FJ60? Don’t want to do exo cage but want some added roll over protection for the kids and I.
I have one that I'm not using. It came with a donor vehicle I bought. The main hoop attaches to the floor right behind the front seats. When installed, it is a little difficult to get on the back seat. There is an arm that attaches to the rear wheel well/hump. I'll try to take a couple of photos tomorrow (Friday) if you're interested.

Sounds good! Get me some pics.. this would be going in my Well used and abused crawler..
AFB34FB9-5247-4591-8B7D-4DFB61D83941.jpeg
F9A97395-7BC7-4E78-A713-FD79DED34E1B.jpeg

hey, that's Pismojim's old 60!
here's a good thread on the MetalTech cage

Proper cage needs to fit tightly to the body and tie into the frame ideally. You might be able to weld in box tubing across the floor as an alternative which in turn mounts to the frame. Roll cages often make vehicles less safe for everyday driving because they 1) become something to smash your body on in an accident and 2) compromise any crumple design the car had from the mfg for absorbing energy in a crash.

I have yet to see any road cage offered for a 60 that I would even remotely consider installing.

I knew that this was how the thread was going to go as soon as I saw the title. The OP didn't ask whether he should or shouldn't put a cage in his rig... He asked where to buy one

Just looking at options. Yup it’s Jim’s old 60.. now I’ll be floating around in the 60 section as well as 80 and 70 section. The 60 will be taking over the Rubicon duties and the 80 will be more over lander( just got back from 5 days exploring Death Valley in my diesel 80) and the BJ73 will be errand runner😏

He is doing well and spending some time in Montana.. he still has 3 cruisers👍

I knew that this was how the thread was going to go as soon as I saw the title. The OP didn't ask whether he should or shouldn't put a cage in his rig... He asked where to buy one
You should take up fortune telling or stockmarket gambling then:rimshot:
That metsl tech cage isn't bad tho don't like how much it sticks out at tha A pillar.

true. But better to post concerns and warnings as many people don’t know or don’t think about what things like cages do to the occupants in an accident. OP can ignore as good as anyone. 😂

true. But better to post concerns and warnings as many people don’t know or don’t think about what things like cages do to the occupants in an accident. OP can ignore as good as anyone. 😂
Don't forget to wear your brain bucket and your masks kids 😁

😂😜

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom