FJ60 rear wheel wells / quarter panel repair (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

First post! I've been slowly working back to life an '83 FJ60 and loving every [most every] minute of the process. Attached is a photo of corrosion on the driver side wheel well and quarter panel. This is the worst of the two sides and appears to be the biggest body issue I am dealing with....if that's true maybe I am lucky.

There seem to be a few common approaches to tackling this common issues, so I guess I'll start with a pointed question- Does anyone have great experience with the cruiser corp panels and are there any considerations for fitment of those that I might be missing? I haven't necessarily seen a strong recommendation, but the panels do seem appealing. A few folks have mentioned finding someone to provide cutouts of good examples to weld in, but that seems a more difficult find for my goals with the 60.

Any advice based on your experience is appreciated.

Cheers,

Weston

thumbnail_IMG_2716.jpg

@wlandis3 , that is not that bad. pick up some rudimentary tools for body work n start pickin' away at it. even a 110v welder will do what needs doing on there for welding. there's a number of threads in here showing that area being repaired. i find the key is patience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom