60 series quarter panel options or repair. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think the damage is repairable like others have posted, however I think your bottleneck will likely be insurance. It's very company and policy dependent. I've had to fight insurance before since they wouldn't cover OEM parts and a brand certified repair shop. There's lots of grey market shenanigans with brands like GEICO. They can do things like say "sure, you can use that shop but we don't agree with their pricing structure so we'll only cover 60%)

A lot of shops will likely refuse this work under insurance due to the age and lack of OEM body panels for the repair. I would be proactive in sourcing your own shop and bringing insurance with you and I would also avoid the mainline shops that deal in volume/collision. If a shop has pictures of hot rods, muscle cars, anything older than 1995, I'd look into them as a possibility.

I don't know about your policy, but mine doesn't cover collision for the truck and I can only get collision with a classic auto policy which has a headache of requirements to be met to use. Depending on the value you're covered for, this will likely total out the vehicle if you just took the value your state listed the truck at for tax.

My local 4x4 shop (that's no longer in business) recommended these panels Toyota Land Cruiser Rust Repair Panels - https://www.alfaparts.net/tlc.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom