60 series quarter panel options or repair. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently got hit from the rear pretty hard. I'm looking for feedback on panel replacement and/or possibly other types of repairs to it. The tail light fixture is pretty mangled. Does anyone have panel replacement parts? I think I can get the lower quarter panel patch but not sure about the entire section that is damaged. The other driver was at fault and insurance is working it out I hope. I just hope it's not considered totaled. Any feedback on insurance knowledge would be much appreciated to.

375857020_6977131172307263_4185959160269559636_n.jpg

P1130062.JPG

P1130064.JPG

P1130065.JPG

I would say Bob the rear quarter panel.... with that damage I would get it pulled out at a professional body shop.

sorry.

was it a truck that hit youy? high rig to hit
do they have insurance?

was it a truck that hit you? high rig to hit
do they have insurance?
No it was a Honda Pilot. I think it hit a bump or a curb a second before the impact that may have lifted it a bit before the strike. Yes they have insurance. I'm going to get it looked at on Wednesday to hopefully get an estimate. Hopefully it can be repaired at a body shop.

an old school body man should be able to pull that back into shape. i'm not a body man but that to my eye is more than panel replacement as to my way of thinking that D pillar is also twisted clockwise. with time n a whole lot of patience you could fix that yourself

that crinkle doesn't look too bad, a good body shop should be able to pull that out and un-crinkle it I bet.

Probably need to find a body shop that does restoration. A modern shop will not have a clue how to fix that without a factory replacement panel. Insurance is going to try and total the vehicle. Really a bummer looks like a nice cruiser.

a good shop can do it for sure but you may have to supply them with the parts. they won’t know where to look. that was my experience anyway. i had to do the leg work to get the metal and they did the rest.

If I can do it a good shop can definitely do it.
Is that Devin’s truck? I don’t see the stripes so I’m assuming it’s not your 62. I’m wondering where you got the paint … my truck is the same color, the early light blue, and that info might be useful.

Great looking work by the way. Next time he’s over here he’ll be happy Sally is getting some love. That truck has put in a lot of work and deserves it.

That is Devons truck, I had the time so I just went ahead and did it. I got the paint from a site called paint my ride. Just look for your paint code and order it. It comes in a rattle or mix but I did the rattle can . It's not cheap but the match was near perfect.

Maybe best to find a parts vehicle and have someone cut it out for you. Something like Tancruiser above had done. Copy the image of the tan repair patch he has done in the image above. Then go to the classifieds ...see the link in the taskbar at the top of the page, then click on "parting out" then look for anybody parting out a 60 and paste the image in a reply and ask them if they have that and could cut it and ship to you. Alternately if you're good with computer copy the image of your wrecked quarter and save it in "paint" then in red drawn where you want to cut it and send to potential sellers.

If you think yours is bad, check this out. A guy nailed me as I was making a left turn, about half a mile from my house.
Shipped the truck to Land Cruiser Restorations near Wichita. They cut out the damage and replaced the quarter panel from a donor rig.
the repair excellent, you cannot tell it was ever damaged. Great shop to work with.

20190226_171720.jpg

20190226_171731.jpg

20190409_151522[1].jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom