FJ60 meets FJZ80 and = one cool Cruiser! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
«Check out this 60/80 TLC is building!
www.tlc4x4.com/sales/gallery/9...7079/index.html

the specs

1984 FJ60 Sage Tan interior This project is the first of a new restoration process we call "19" where-in we have engineered the placement of an older body upon a modern mechanical platform. So from the outside, it looks like a new 1984 FJ60 with non-USA rear barn doors, chrome delete trim, and all new factory plastics, trim, light lenses, bumpers, weatherstripping, details and tinted glass. Stock looking rare Non-USA 16" stock style chrome steel rims with BFG 285/78R16's. The coil suspension with Old Man Emu stock height shocks and steering stabilizer, upgraded cross drilled slotted and vented four wheel disc ABS brake system, full floater rear end, locking differentials, 4.5 liter DOHC 24 valve in line Six cylinder engine, full time 4x4 transfer case and automatic transmission are all from a 1996 Land Cruiser with 36,XXX original miles. Toyota corp. said it could not be done but once they saw that we had done it, the donated a TRD super Charger and non USA JDM sway bar set which we installed (thanks guys!)! When you open the door, the interior is as new 1996 style with the late model steering wheel, pedals, dashboard, all dash controls (including cruise control) and power door/window controls, heat/vent and A/C system, center console, and six way power seats from the 1996 model. The streeo is by Clarion with CD and cassette with 8 Infinity Perfect Series speakers. New OEM dash pad, all new top grain leather interior in tan with stock Toyota trim pieces. High quality new suede texture headliner in the stock color, custom dark brown marine carpets with Xtreme liner insulation (the best). Stock FJ62 rear bench seat with 1996 80 series headrests. All new custom leather and carpet door panels in the OEM Toyota style. Sound and vibration insulation treatment on all inner door surfaces and under hood. The Frame was stripped to the bare rails and then powder coated. The body was disassembled, placed on a jig and then painted in the 1997 stock Toyota 40TH Anniversary Sage grey/green color. Before reassembly, we coated the underside of the body in Line-x polyurethane which was applied at 140 degrees for a proper cured finish. This is a one of a kind vehicle that is still 100% Toyota with the grace of the older body style but with the comforts of a modern platform, plus significant performance at 290 horse power and 371 pounds of torque! You would think it was new from Toyota. You can barely hear it idling. Easy maintenance because it is all stock (including electrical) for 1996 Land Cruiser. Still a 1984 FJ60 for legal title and registration purposes. Estimated completion date is 4/2004, and the price will be around $85-90,000. I know it is expensive, but we built it to see it completed, not for profit. Over 500 hours invested. Come visit and see it, or check out our photos in progress--- Gallery

[glow=black,2,2]

Click image for more ..

And click this one for more details ...

PS : I only added this because your original link was not working ..
:cheers:[/glow]

[glow=black,2,2]T Y L E R

[color=0000FF]T[/color][color=0008FF]O[/color][color=0010FF]Y[/color][color=0018FF]O[/color][color=0020FF]T[/color][color=0028FF]A [/color][color=0030FF]F[/color][color=0038FF]Z[/color][color=0040FF]J[/color][color=0048FF]8[/color][color=0050FF]0 [/color][color=0058FF]C[/color][color=0060FF]R[/color][color=0068FF]U[/color][color=0070FF]I[/color][color=0078FF]S[/color][color=0080FF]E[/color][color=0088FF]R[/color][color=0090FF]S [/color][color=0098FF]R[/color][color=00A0FF]O[/color][color=00A8FF]C[/color][color=00B0FF]K [/color][color=00B8FF]![/color][color=00C0FF]![/color][color=00C8FF]![/color][/glow]

ya sorry bad link
IMG_2773.jpg

IMG_1009.jpg

IMG_2786.jpg

Pretty cool, but I'm not sure a 60 looks all that better than an 80 to invest all that work. A 55 or 45, you betcha. That's cool, but a 60? for $90K? still a better investment than a G55 or an H1.

Some day 80s will be findable in junkyards and you'll see a lot more axles, motors, suspensions and even frames in the early rigs. Some day I'll find me a rolled one, then I'll be looking for a 55 or a stretchable 40.

Can I just say why?

If I want a 60, how about just getting one a doing a small block conversion?

If I want an 80, there are lots of great ones out there.

Basically for what these guys want, I could have a 60, 80, and 100 and trick all of them out.

Cary

I would have used an Iron Pig instead. ;)

I think it is cool! If I had unlimited funds I'd pay somebody a ton of money to build me a one off Cruiser. It is a lot of money but imagine the labor involved to do it. My 60 always seemed to have more room than my 80, and it has more of a Safari look to it. I think if I was going to do it. I'd go with a Tundra V8, marlin crawler dual transfer case, 80 series axles and suspension, a 55 or 60 body, and Lexus front heated seats both front and rear. If I could afford all of that it would probably have a Toyota diesel. Heck I'd be happy if I could get a stock Toyota 80 with a diesel.

I am putting my 55 body on the '93 80 frame. Originally I was just going to swap the 1FZ and a non US 5speed but after riding on coils in my '94 it would be hard to go back. The only prob I have so far is the 80 axles are 8" wider.

Lag,

Do the General Motors thing:

"Cut to fit, paint to match" :D

I had the TBI350 on the hoist to drop in when I bought the rolled '93. Found an H150F at a price I couldn't refuse. Now if those locker axles fall from the sky.......

I really think that a Pig body on an 80 frame would be bad a$$ :D

I have fantasized about just such a project. The trick would be to retain the coils and narrow the track. 4 inches off of the RH front axle side would be the challenge.

Or with the availabilty of the larger wheels now, I bet you could leave the axle alone and run Chevy style wheels with 5.5"+ backspacing. That would narrow it up 2.5" And to clear the brakes go with 17", 18", 20"s. I guess this could cause rubbing on the coil and frame depending upon how big a tire you went with.

I like your thinkin :) I think Lance Williams has a 80 series suspension under his Pig. I would like a 45 wagon with an 80 series drivetrain/suspension :) I have the 80 and the 45 parked next to each other.........hoping they will breed and the offspring will have be a solid 45 body on with 80's guts ;) but I am afaid they are both of the same gender and its not working :(

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=12163;start=msg112088#msg112088 date=1077946543]
I really think that a Pig body on an 80 frame would be bad a$$ :D

I have fantasized about just such a project. The trick would be to retain the coils and narrow the track. 4 inches off of the RH front axle side would be the challenge.
[/quote]

I am going to try the backspaced wheels first. As for Rod Millen, how many 45s were sacrificed for that rig. I know of someone that wants to chop 3 55s to widen and install on an LX470 frame. I am using one 55 that would never be a show winner anyway so I can modify to my liking. It even has A/C. I wanted it to remain all Toyota.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom