FJ60 LS Swap with 4l60e Transfer Case Shifter Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Those of you who installed the 4l60e on a vortec/ls in your 60, how did you get the stock tcase shifter to work? Ive seen it done a ton of times. There needs to be an extension welded to the lever that slides off, but what did you do with the part of the lever that bolts to the actual toyota transmission itself? Any pics would be very helpful. I do not want twin sticks

I took the pivot off the stock transmission and made a plate.

50533149037_09be468fbd_h.jpg

<edit> Sorry I did this on a 6L80E, probably doesn't help </edit>

What type of shifter did you use with the 6L80? Where you able to repupose the stock shifter?

That plate looks interesting. Im sure there has got to be a way to mount up a plate like that for the 4l60e. Did you use existing bolt holes on the trans?

I have not tried it myself but cruisermatt may have something. see this thread.
LS Swap motor mounts - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/ls-swap-motor-mounts.1240397/

Am i missing something? All i see in that thread are motor mounts?

That plate looks interesting. Im sure there has got to be a way to mount up a plate like that for the 4l60e. Did you use existing bolt holes on the trans?

Am i missing something? All i see in that thread are motor mounts?
scroll down the page.

Totally missed that. Sent him a message, wonder if htat only works for vacuum shift t cases or if it will work on a fj60
Let me know what the outcome is. I am planning a LS3 into a FJ62 in the next 6 months.

It’s only for the fj62 t case. Good for you bad for me haha
What type of shifter did you use with the 6L80? Where you able to repupose the stock shifter?

I did use the stock shifter and used hardware points on the 6L80E. Yes it is for the FJ62 vacuum shifted t-case.

I used the bracket that came with the Advance Adapters kit (black bracket in image) and then heated up and re-bent the lever itself and added an extension to it so that it would come up through the hole in the stock location (which I should have made longer).

I don't recall doing anything else special.

IMG_20190420_175254.jpg

I used the bracket that came with the Advance Adapters kit (black bracket in image) and then heated up and re-bent the lever itself and added an extension to it so that it would come up through the hole in the stock location (which I should have made longer).

I don't recall doing anything else special.

View attachment 2768967

^ I did something along those lines as well

Ohhhhh so that black bracket in the kit has a hole that the shifter threads into? Im still waiting on my Kit to arrive from Washington, I dont have it in hand. I plan on welding a rod on the actual shifter to lengthen it, but was really confused on the part that bolted into the trans itself. Im assuming it just bolts into that black plate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom