FJ60 fuel tank recall (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I called my local dealer and they're going to get me a new fuel tank (open recall). Should I expect them to supply only the tank? or should they provide any other hardware and/or hoses? I'm hoping I can trailer my truck over there and save myself the awkward afternoon of getting hit on the head with metal while I try to hold the fuel tank in place. I assume labor is included in the recall for installation. Your experiences would be appreciated.

At this point I suspect it will come down to the availability of the original parts covered in the recall. @Onur usually has a pretty good LOS on these situations.

Amazing what searching will find...

They replaced mine several years ago. Looking back I'm not sure what all was involved in that as I've had to replace the sending unit recently - but that could be my fault. So, yes expect them to put it in for you.

They replaced mine several years ago. Looking back I'm not sure what all was involved in that as I've had to replace the sending unit recently - but that could be my fault. So, yes expect them to put it in for you.

The sending unit and the pick-up are NOT a part of the recall and they will only install those parts if you buy them and have them install at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom