fj60 frame swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just purchaced my second '87 sold the first because of frame rust. The one I recently bought has some rust also. I plan on keeping this one for life and found some frames. What is the difference between 1981-84 and 1985-87? Any info is much appreciated.

how bad is this one rusted? the time and money spent on buying and putting the new frame on might be more then just fixing the frame itself. got any pictures? there are products the will be adventagous for you, like POR15 (paint over rust), rust bullet, you can use ATF fluid between frame rails and on the frame itself to prevent further corrosion... theres a few options out there....

I am of the opinion, based on experience, that a rotted frame can't be fixed. Well, it can, but you'll spend the rest of your days chasing more holes. Eventually you'll run out of metal to weld to. It's a losing battle. I'd do the frame swap.

And I'll never use POR-15 again, based on experience. Rustoleum works great.

Check this out! https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=76509 This is my '82 BJ60 which had frame rust that had been professionally repaired several times to the point when the body shop man said that he could not do more work on it safely. If you're interested in this PM me and I can set you up with a frame and a killer vacation trip for probably less than a frame swap stateside!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom