FJ60 Door Panels: Customizable and Affordable (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Same price. Per Luis's reco I ordered the manual ABS version and wrote in the order notes that they were for a US spec 62 with electric windows.

I received them in the mail today and the cuts look spot on.
Same price. Per Luis's reco I ordered the manual ABS version and wrote in the order notes that they were for a US spec 62 with electric windows.

View attachment 2071780

View attachment 2071779

View attachment 2071778

View attachment 2071780

View attachment 2071779

View attachment 2071778

View attachment 2071780

View attachment 2071779

View attachment 2071778
Dubs2017,

Did you ever get these door cards installed in your 62 with electric windows? I have a gray interior 62 that I'm looking to convert to black and these would work perfect. If you have any installed pics you could post, that would be great. Thanks

@JramFJ - I did. I put some photos up a couple pages back starting with post #209 on page 11.

And I too made the switch to black, and just finished up with a black carpet set from dnp. I am pretty happy with how everything turned out. Last thing on my list is the rear seat, but considering how much time it spends folded down, I can't justify the reupholstery cost at the moment.

More interior pics are in the carpet thread, starting with post #100 on page 5.

IMG_7059.jpeg

Hi All,

Just thought ill give an update, we have recently updated our website so that the Brown ABS panels can be ordered directly. It is still a working progress so there aren't any Brown photos just yet but if you go back on this thread you will find some photos. We are still working on the different side cargo variants as we have discovered 3 different panels that were fitted from factory. Also the Electric window panels will be available shortly on the website soon.

Regards
Luis

Does anyone have CAD files for the door cards?

I cannot buy anything from Australia due to restrictions of my country.

I finally installed mine and am very happy with the results. I ended up adding 6.5" component speakers while I was at it, along with a new master window switch.

I also added some sound Insulation to the inside of each panel to cut down on noise and rattling. Amazon sells 18 Square Feet of it in 150mil thickness for $30, which was the exact amount needed to cover each panel. It is about 1/8" thick. Noico Sound Insulation. I already have the metal faced version on the inside of the door, so between the two it cuts down on a lot of noise.

I also took a page out of @Comet 's book from post #104 and did the rivnuts as well (excellent tool, by the way - I hadn't heard of such a thing before reading this thread).

View attachment 2135419
What are these black "rivnuts"? They look rubber or plastic? They look like a clean install.. are the removable? I did an amazon search, and only found metal rivnuts, that need a tool to flatten out, and then any standard bolt to thread into. Thanks..

What are these black "rivnuts"? They look rubber or plastic? They look like a clean install.. are the removable? I did an amazon search, and only found metal rivnuts, that need a tool to flatten out, and then any standard bolt to thread into. Thanks..
door handle bumpers, as mentioned in NCFJ's "Warhorse" thread. Post 209

door handle bumpers, as mentioned in NCFJ's "Warhorse" thread. Post 209
Sorry.. not following? Searched, and found "Warhorse" #209 and doesn't seem to have anything to do with these black connector rivets?? -J

Look at post #209 on page 11

What you are looking at are door handle bumpers. Nothing to do with rivnuts.

Look at post #209 on page 11

What you are looking at are door handle bumpers. Nothing to do with rivnuts.
Ooops... ok.. got it. I thought these were some sort of black plastic flush rivnuts.. sort of like what I've used on marine or kayak gear, rubber "well nuts". Thanks for clarification..

Hi All,

Just thought ill give an update, we have recently updated our website so that the Brown ABS panels can be ordered directly. It is still a working progress so there aren't any Brown photos just yet but if you go back on this thread you will find some photos. We are still working on the different side cargo variants as we have discovered 3 different panels that were fitted from factory. Also the Electric window panels will be available shortly on the website soon.

Regards
Luis

Sorry, I cant find the link to the website. mind sharing it?

Sorry, I cant find the link to the website. mind sharing it?

I went with the Australian Door Cards. Great looking and fitting product and the price is right. Honestly, I thought that they'd be thicker material (about 1/16") but once they're mounted they're fine. I saved the top metal/vinyl part of the original door panels and also used the original speaker covers and pocket. What I really like is that they are a close match to my WagonGear cargo and tailgate panels. A good addition to complete my interior.

IMG_20210523_185708783.jpg
IMG_20210523_185657360.jpg
IMG_20210526_195349222~2.jpg
09-kr-tailgate-jpg.893581.jpg
IMG_20210526_195331215~3.jpg

@DrLui for a 1987 FJ60 with only lap belts, which option do you suggest for the rear cargo panel set? Manual adjusted or auto retracted?

I remember looking at this thread awhile ago trying to figure out what I was going to do, but I found a more affordable route and found a local guy Wheelborne - Products - https://www.wheelborne.com/ to make me a pair. They’re nice heavy duty waxed canvas, with sound deadening material sandwiched between two layers of canvas. I added some studded snaps to the existing panel holes. Turned out great! Shoot him an email if you want some he has the template now
496BC48D-68DD-4851-9B89-95F63905F5CD.jpeg
CC40ADE8-7FD9-475F-BD21-6E6D0E5C1717.jpeg
E4F534ED-FF98-48E5-8E6D-A9ECCD18371E.jpeg

Those look awesome! I'm getting tired of the factory panels.
I liked my factory panels, but whatever material they used on the backside to keep all the vinyl together just became flaky and chipped into a million pieces. I like the idea of these new canvas snap ones because I can store stuff behind there now

This seems to be the only one in stock right now. Anyone used the masonite material?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom